• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Convinced, I am not

Same here. No bill # mentioned. Too many folks jumping on the gun support bandwagon these days. Obscure organization names, etc. I'm betting the next contact is begging for money.

Yes, that is why I posted the NRA ILA link above. Not sure if it's the exact same "issue," but this was sent out yeasterday and we at least know the NRA ILA.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I don't own an AR-15 or use any ammo associated with it. Just trying to help the community as a whole. No money involved or asked for through this, so that lie is dead. I do believe that silence equals consent, so carry on.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Just another attempt to start a panic. :ugh:

This entire subject is going to be like the boy who cried wolf......We are going to get so desensitized by everything coming through that when the real one does pop up we are all going to be "ohhh just more crap" ....and delete it.

We need to take notes from the scary black gun nuts and start all kinds of emails.

High power rifles legal for deer hinting in INDIANA!
    Concealed carry allowed in schools!
    Students allowed to carry on all collage campuses!
    Legal C.C. in governmental buildings!
    Open carry allowed in Indiana!..........this would be the best!!! Get them all riled up calling their representatives raising holy hell not to allow this to pass!

I think I am onto something....just need someone smart enough to start setting up the legitimate looking web sites....who's in??

I have enough left wing people in my life that we could get it trending and then when the REAL bills come up they will think it is more crap!

Last edited:

Ward250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2015
    Down South
    ...or perpetuate.

Just wait until Hillary starts tearing up the campaign trail. She's untouchable but we'll start seeing these vague tangents that give gun owners a sliver of hope. Online polls, letter campaigns, calling a local talking head. They'll keep the minority (us) busy with this crap while they pen executive orders to save the children.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    ...or perpetuate.

Just wait until Hillary starts tearing up the campaign trail. She's untouchable but we'll start seeing these vague tangents that give gun owners a sliver of hope. Online polls, letter campaigns, calling a local talking head. They'll keep the minority (us) busy with this crap while they pen executive orders to save the children.

Palease. She is the most beatable candidate they've had in years.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Palease. She is the most beatable candidate they've had in years.

She's definitely the one I'd most like to see beaten. :bat:
    SpankedSmiley.gif
    :whip: :horse:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I was catching up on my INGO time and found this thread. And it does not surprise me that some in government are using back door techniques to limit firearm freedoms. When the masses won't allow the a bill to be moved forward, then you use your pen and your phone to do it via other means.

So...for the sake of argument...what would everyone convert to if something like this were to happen?

I saw that someone suggested using the .222 round. But would that work in a 5.56 or .223 barrel? I don't know any specs on the .222 round. I know that the name of a round is not always accurate when it comes to real world measurements. Could this be done by only reaming out the chamber?

As I understand it, you can convert to .300 Blackout with only a barrel....correct? Same bolt, same mags, everything else stays the same. So that would not be too terribly difficult.

Are there any other rounds that could be used by reaming the chamber? I would think that would not include boring out the whole barrel and re-rifling it. I would think to do that, you would need to remove the barrel. And if you have to remove the barrel anyways, then why not go to .300 BLK.

Just more of a hypothetical gunsmith type exercise.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It is foolish to underestimate one's enemy. Be careful who you go into alliance with, but be sure your enemy awaits. The disarming of law abiding citizens is still a very real desire of the tyrants. Do not let yourself think they will stop at one caliber/bullet design.

Top Bottom