• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I love the SCAR17, it's my favorite .308 semi-auto rifle but the price point is pretty steep.

The question then begs itself, can a rifle half the price, like the G2, compete with it?

Personally I like both rifles and they are both great shooters. It makes me never want to lug the G3 clone aka boat anchor, ever out of the safe again.

[video=youtube;9VxBPRlgfMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VxBPRlgfMs[/video]

:ingo::rockwoot:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Great vid. For the money its hard to beat the LR series 308 rifle. Ive had I think 6 different models and they all have done very well.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've owned two different dpms 308B's and both shot 1/2" groups ONCE the triggers were upgraded. I'd be curious how those two rifles compared once they both had match triggers put in.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I've owned two different dpms 308B's and both shot 1/2" groups ONCE the triggers were upgraded. I'd be curious how those two rifles compared once they both had match triggers put in.

I've felt the Super SCAR trigger before, it's a very nice upgrade, I too am curious how much I can tighten up that grouping. I wonder if I can get 1/2" out of it...

:yesway:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't have any experience with a scar rifle. I would feel confident that the dpms could get closer to the 1/2" range. That is a heavy barrel on that recon isn't it?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    For a .308 I think that's right on the border where some would call it heavy and others a medium contour. Either way, at the length it is I'd bet that rifle would really shoot with some small adjustments.

Top Bottom