• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Unfortunately no, but it sounds like a blast. Wish I had the $2600 to drop on it. Looks like you would save $235 and maybe pick up a few tips from their armorers.

Have a fun and safe trip.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    What's so special about the Barrett REC 7? Looks like an AR to me. Forgive the ignorance, please.

Actually that is a great question. I sold my Colt AR 15 that I bought in the late 70s about 7 years ago. Regret that and have wanted to get another AR style rifle ever since. The Barrett has gotten some great reviews but what put me over the edge was being able to do the build course for about the same cost as that of the rifle. Couple of reviews below. Now I know that it does not have the reputation of being the ultimate high end AR but for me it was more about getting the training to build the thing at their factory in TN. And it does not hurt that it is considered to be a pretty darn good AR style rifle. Plus, I get to go and spend a day at the Barrett factory! So it is a decent AR for the price point. Sure it is not a Noveske or a Larue but it is a good rifle. And did I mention that I get to spend a day at the Barrett factory? I mean that alone is gonna be totally awesome or as my generation would say "really cool"! And if getting the rifle at the end of the course is not "cool" enough, I get to SPEND THE DAY at the Barrett factory! I may not be able to sleep the night before!

Gun Review: Barrett REC7 Gen II 5.56mm

Barrett REC7 Gen II Review - RifleShooter

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Ok folks, I did the build course in TN on September 18th. As I was worried about, I did have a hard time going to sleep the night before. The fact that I stayed in a "flea bag" hotel that I found on Priceline could have contributed. I will put a review on here later with some pictures. It was an amazing experience and I will start another thread to do the entire review. And at the end of the review I will share something that is not yet been made public by Barrett...

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Ok folks, I did the build course in TN on September 18th. As I was worried about, I did have a hard time going to sleep the night before. The fact that I stayed in a "flea bag" hotel that I found on Priceline could have contributed. I will put a review on here later with some pictures. It was an amazing experience and I will start another thread to do the entire review. And at the end of the review I will share something that is not yet been made public by Barrett...

Great, now I won't be able to get to sleep! Post that review!

Top Bottom