• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am not going to talk you out of it. In fact, I am going to tell you that I bought the EXACT same upper about a month ago and out it on a Quarter Circle 10 GSF Lower. Here is how I feel about it.....\

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!

I absolutely LOVE it. So much fun to shoot. I just replaced the 4" quad rail with a 7" Troy Alpha Rail so that when my suppressor gets out of jail, it will tuck up nicely under there.

GO FOR IT!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Frankengun lol. I bought the upper stripped and built it. The barrel and rail are Spike's

Roger that.

I used to think that was what I wanted to do - but looking at total costs, It'd be a few hundred more to piecemeal one together vs. buying a complete one.

all I need for my pistol to be complete (for now) are a buffer, spring, pistol tube, an complete upper, and sights. And an optic.

So pretty much all the expensive parts. LOL

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Talk you out of it? Okay.

They're still a big pistol. Accuracy is better than most pistols (possibly due to actually being easier to SHOOT, rather than differences in inherent accuracy), but not on par with a rifle. Good mags are pretty expensive. It is still a 9mm, even from a longer barrel, so unless you plan on doing a bunch of breach-and-clear, I don't see the point.

I'm gonna assume that that is not your purpose, since if it were, you wouldn't be here asking this question.

Hey, at least I tried to help you keep you money?! lol

-Nate

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Talk you out of it? Okay.

They're still a big pistol. Accuracy is better than most pistols (possibly due to actually being easier to SHOOT, rather than differences in inherent accuracy), but not on par with a rifle. Good mags are pretty expensive. It is still a 9mm, even from a longer barrel, so unless you plan on doing a bunch of breach-and-clear, I don't see the point.

I'm gonna assume that that is not your purpose, since if it were, you wouldn't be here asking this question.

Hey, at least I tried to help you keep you money?! lol

-Nate

Nate is right, if you are going to keep it in a pistol configuration. I filed my form to make mine an SBR.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    IMHO it helps if you have a friend or two with the ultimate set of tools and experience. If no one is telling you buy it, I can fix it and help you, buy something else.

Pretty good video of how most 9mm AR projects go from start to finish. Note emphasis on tools.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_Nod65e7o[/video]

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Gonna SBR it eventually...

And I've thought about a KelTec Sub2000... But they're crap.

And I can't afford the Beretta Carbine - nor the random Ruger or S&W carbine that pops up every now and again.

My lower is a standard lower; so once I DO SBR it, I can swap in shorter uppers in whatever caliber I want as long as mags will fit. That's the ultimate end-game.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Ok all you 9mm AR owning pistol goofballs...

What buffer, spacer, spring, and tube are y'all using?

And what are the possibility of purchasing said stuff all in one place...vs needing 2-3-4 different transactions to get it taken care of?

Because I need all that crap and I want to make as few transactions as possible to accomplish it! :D

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    Look at the Just Right Carbine. Got one last year and love it. Haven't had a single problem with it. You can find them a lot cheaper then building an AR.

Top Bottom