• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    After a few years of looking, Was able to find a sling for my Carcano.

33k4yeh.jpg

2j47huq.jpg

2ep2alt.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah...The hard part was convincing him that strap I pulled off of that old camera bag was actually a rare sling for a Carcano...He was a tough sell but I finally was able to set the hook and reel him in....

Ah - that explains why it looks like it is on backwards.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah...The hard part was convincing him that strap I pulled off of that old camera bag was actually a rare sling for a Carcano...He was a tough sell but I finally was able to set the hook and reel him in....

Pity you couldn't have sold him an extra safety for the rifle while he was vulnerable. ;)

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Yeah...The hard part was convincing him that strap I pulled off of that old camera bag was actually a rare sling for a Carcano....

You know you are more right then you know.. It took people over 20 years to Id it correctly... But it was originally reported for all to know as a some kind of camera bag strap

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Is that how it's supposed to be used on the rifle? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the way it's mounted, or why they designed it that way in the first place.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Is that how it's supposed to be used on the rifle? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the way it's mounted, or why they designed it that way in the first place.

Agreed, the sling is very hard to use. It is always hard to figure out how something was intended when you are trying to repeat an historical item with limited documentation. In this case the designer of the system died before telling how it was to be used. I have seen a few people modify this configuration to make it more comfortable. But from Photos in the day this is as close as I can get it...

Top Bottom