• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I been eyeballing a better trigger for my BCM midlength for a while, there was nothing wrong with the factory but just wanted something with a lighter trigger pull without giving up reliability. Like anything AR there is tons of options so did my research and was going to get a CMC trigger but I came across Brownell's exclusive Geissle triggers in particular the B-G2S-E Geissele 2 Stage Enhanced Trigger, during my research I found that basically it is the SSA-E trigger (same features) but they are batch tested instead of individually (like the SSA-E is). In the beginning I was a little skeptical but once I installed it WOW! super nice two stage and to top it off $170.00 shipped so next step was test at the range, I shot side by side my KAC two stage match trigger that cost double and I think I prefer the Geissle. In the end to be honest just like the description of the trigger says on the Brownell's website says I would say would rather use it for when the need is for precision applications, in my opinion it is a fantastic trigger for the money.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...px?avs|Manufacturer_1=GEISSELE AUTOMATICS LLC

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Yes, Geissele triggers are the best out there in my opinion. I snagged 2xG2S on Cyber Monday for $115. I was then easily tempted to get their MK4 13.5" rail. I have a SSA-E in a MWS 308 and it blows the LMT 2-stage out of the water that originally was in it. The G2S will replace the LMT 2-stage as soon as I get it :)

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Yes, Geissele triggers are the best out there in my opinion. I snagged 2xG2S on Cyber Monday for $115. I was then easily tempted to get their MK4 13.5" rail. I have a SSA-E in a MWS 308 and it blows the LMT 2-stage out of the water that originally was in it. The G2S will replace the LMT 2-stage as soon as I get it :)

While most of this is subjective, IMO I think the G SSA-E is a very good military type trigger but not heads and shoulders above everything else. I bought my first G trigger last week and put it in and was rather disappointed. The SSA-E first stage is VERY smooth and effortless, but the second stage didn't feel like 1.2#, more like 3#. I feel like my Timney and BRO 3# single stage triggers break just a crisp and the reset is no comparison. The single stages reset is 0.1mm, the G is like at least 3x that. The SSA-E I bought was definitely worth the $170 I paid for it, but IMO not worth the $230 they normally cost.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    While most of this is subjective, IMO I think the G SSA-E is a very good military type trigger but not heads and shoulders above everything else. I bought my first G trigger last week and put it in and was rather disappointed. The SSA-E first stage is VERY smooth and effortless, but the second stage didn't feel like 1.2#, more like 3#. I feel like my Timney and BRO 3# single stage triggers break just a crisp and the reset is no comparison. The single stages reset is 0.1mm, the G is like at least 3x that. The SSA-E I bought was definitely worth the $170 I paid for it, but IMO not worth the $230 they normally cost.

The $95 BRO drop in single stage is a tough trigger to beat for the money! ;)

Top Bottom