• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Trying to wade into buying your first AR is more overwhelming than trying to figure out which toothpaste variety you want in an aisle full of 50 different kinds. I narrowed my choice down to a couple key elements:
    -- 18" or 20 barrel" for a full rifle length gas system
    -- Lightweight
    -- well made, good parts
    -- 5.56 chamber
    -- slick top full length Pic rail. I have no use for traditional M16 front sights.

It turns out that Daniel Defense makes pretty much what I would end up with on my "dream AR" checklist: The DDM4V11Pro:
    8EA755F0-6E12-4AAF-B186-5BF3A89CECE0_zps05dcydli.jpg

I've never used a flat trigger, nor experienced a Giessele before. This unit is making me see why so many like them. The trigger is unbelievable.

Still a virgin gun, haven't broken it in yet. Will post a range report once I get it hot.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Careful.. Black Rifle Disease is highly contagious and can result in the purchasing of multiple rifles.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Went all out for the first one didnt you?

I don't know if this is all out, but I don't know what much could be upgraded. Changed, yes-- but improved? Perhaps. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what is better to be had.

It did seem to me that building this rifle could scarcely be done for the selling price.

Keymod seems to really save weight and-- more importantly-- put the balance in a good spot. With some nice light 10rd PMAGS, it should handle very well.

Top Bottom