• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Definetly hard to beat the price of the Anderson lowers. A while back Slickguns had a link to, if i remember right, primary arms, who had a 3 pack for 104.95 shipped. Think i ordered within 1 minute of seeing the price. Have 4 that i use the heck out of and have never had any issues. Anderson lowers are all i buy anymore. Why spend the extra money on a spikes or whatever. To me that money saved can be put to a lot better use elsewhere.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    They work most the time. But paying an extra $20 to get something with better fit and finish and QC is worth it to me. I usually get another brand. I have a soft spot for billet lowers too

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Forty dollars, plus tax, shipping and transfer fee? How much is a lower in the local gun shops?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Forty dollars, plus tax, shipping and transfer fee? How much is a lower in the local gun shops?

These are $60ish at most local shops when in stock.

The link in the OP says $9.95 shipping... I don't know of any shop with a $10 or less transfer fee, plus I prefer to support local shops.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've purchased a couple of Anderson stripped lowers and have not had any issues with fit or finish whatsoever. I've used them for a couple of builds and spent the bulk of the money on the "BIG 3" higher end items. (Barrel, BCG, Trigger) I have purchased them online when deals have popped up only because local availability was non existent at the time of purchase.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The link in the OP says $9.95 shipping... I don't know of any shop with a $10 or less transfer fee, plus I prefer to support local shops.

Yep. You gotta make sure you do the math. Many times we have received guns for folks that we could have ordered for them at the same price or less once you factor in shipping and receiving fees.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I know Bobcat had them for $50 a couple of months ago. So, that is 53.50 with tax. If you can get a transfer fee under 13.50, let me know!

Some of the home based FFL's in your area might do it for 10 bucks. However, with the price that close, I'd rather just find a local store and buy them there. So what if you pay about 5-10 bucks more...you don't have to wait on shipping and you are supporting a local store.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A

I think its a wash when the LGS has them for $60-ish. Unless you're buying multiple and get free shipping and a LGS that charges only 1 fee for 1 4473.

Remember the days of PSA 10 packs...

And what Thrax said too...

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The one I have is as good of fit that could be had. No way am I ever going to pay the price for a Noveske or something. I could care less about looks or name. FWIW the best machined and finished receiver I have ever seen was one from a company called Zombie Defense. This thing is NICE other than for the goofy engraving. Not a single sharp edge or non smoothed out corner on the thing anywhere. IMO if all of the pertinent things fit right I am happy with it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom