• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My first "Election Rifle" was in 2008. I bought my first AR15 (a Bushmaster XM15) when I became convinced Obama would take the election. I overpaid, but part of it was a statement.

Over time I became bored with the rifle and traded it toward my M1A.

In 2012 I bought a Colt 6920 with the intention of keeping it stock. LOL

This year I decided to go all-in on a semi-auto AK clone. I had a Yugoslavian underfolder a few years ago, but was never really satisfied with the gun, so I let it go.

Who knows what Tuesday will bring, so I decided to buy a "Good" AK while I still can.

I chose the Century Arms C39V2, an American-made milled-reciever AK clone. It carries walnut furniture, and is chambered in 7.62x39. It came with one magazine, a Magpul. I purchased two additional Croatian magazines and 120 rounds of Wolf ammo.

I can't wait to fire it.

Pic:

0WlQ1fF.jpg

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Very nice!

ive bought several election rifles. And pmags. And cases of ammo.

For celebtrating or planning. Depends how Tuesday goes. ;)

:thumbsup:

very nice, good for you! I bought 10 AR lowers just in case.
    I also got 2 new to me pistols.

Nice looking line up Paul!

The time is now. I have two unfinished AR15 projects, my other open tabs are Brownells, PSA and MidwayUSA.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I went into the shop today at 5pm. Handled the carbine. Decided that is what I want. Looked and the shop had magazines. Looked at the shop had a nice red dot to put on it. Handled the rifle again. BSed with the owners and staff (they all know me pretty well). We all agreed that I needed to buy that rifle. My wife even says I can buy the rifle.

I left without it. Probably regret that Tuesday.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I bought an M1A this week for an election rifle. I was stockpiling stripped lowers and mags, then lpk's, then stock kits, then uppers. I haven't built any yet but I now have five or six full build kits tucked away.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Haven't been able to spend a lot because I've got schoolin' to pay for, but I bought a few bits and bobs to kick off my INGO lower build, two AK magazines to fill my ammo pouches, and a few hundred rounds of miscellaneous ammunition.

All stocked up on .22LR. Could use more AR-15 magazines. Definitely won't have all the AR parts I need before the panic hits, but the shortage has to end eventually I suppose.

Lots of "old gun" stuff on my shopping list the last panic didn't really touch so I'll work on gathering that up while I wait out the rush on AR components.

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Nicely done! Way to set the bar high... I'm guessing my kids college is out the window now if I want to try and "keep up with the Joneses"

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Still a fan of your M1A, PaulF. I'm currently trying to get the remaining parts for my first AR build... which just so happens to be right before election. Didn't plan for this to be an election gun, but had to jump on the INGO lower group buy. Trying to decide if I should hold out for Black Friday deals or just bite the bullet and order everything before its out of stock for 8 months.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Still a fan of your M1A, PaulF. I'm currently trying to get the remaining parts for my first AR build... which just so happens to be right before election. Didn't plan for this to be an election gun, but had to jump on the INGO lower group buy. Trying to decide if I should hold out for Black Friday deals or just bite the bullet and order everything before its out of stock for 8 months.

Parts are already starting to thin out.
    You best just get up and get going on it.
    To wait might not be the best decision.
    Your call but I have seen a few items become a bit harder to find.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Do most people buy completed uppers or stripped uppers? Never built one. Got my INGO lower coming and thinking I should order the upper. Have an LPK, Trigger, and barrel.

Not sure what else I need after the upper besides buffer tube and stock parts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do most people buy completed uppers or stripped uppers? Never built one. Got my INGO lower coming and thinking I should order the upper. Have an LPK, Trigger, and barrel.

Not sure what else I need after the upper besides buffer tube and stock parts.

Either way on the upper.
    All you have to install is the dust cover (if one is needed) and the forward assist (again..??) and BCG with charging handle.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Parts are already starting to thin out.
    You best just get up and get going on it.
    To wait might not be the best decision.
    Your call but I have seen a few items become a bit harder to find.

Done! Just ordered the remainder of the needed parts! Feels good knowing I'll have them. Only thing left is to get my barrel and FSB staked.

Top Bottom