• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Just had a guy I work with tell me about a Remington browning clone he got in trade and from his description(says it's in excellent condition)it sounds like a pre 27-28 model 11(safety inside the trigger guard).I do t really have the first clue about them other than being able to identify it as a model 11 if I see it.

He says he would take $400 for it. I have wanted an auto 5 to SBS for a while, would this be a good candidate or would it be a mortal sin to chop a really nice model 11? Do these run as well as the brownings, can I get parts, anything else to watch out for?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have sold three here in the shop in the last year and they sold for $299.99...One stayed on the rack a year, the other two went within a month or so...

And for the love of all things beautiful and classy PLEASE do not chop her up....There are enough "tactical" shotguns out there for sale...No need to butcher a classic..

IMHO...

I can not say it is a "mortal" sin but if you end up in heaven don't be surprised if John Moses Browning ***** slaps you....:)

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I'm seeing a lot of $150 chopworthy model 11's now that I'm checking on gunbroker.

I may purchase his anyway for nostalgia purposes. My grandmas 20ga browning is still in the family and we get it out once in a while to bust clays, it was the first shotgun I shot and it's carrying on the tradition with my cousins 2 girls at the moment.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom