• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I was talking with a couple guys last night and it made me wonder what's going to happen now.

Like many others I was expecting a panic before the election just in case she was elected. The great news is it didn't happen. I know part of it is because it's been flooded for a while and that there are so many makers now.

PSA has had some killer deals, in case you haven't noticed. A good AR could be built for less than $600 easy. Take away the EPT trigger and Magpul furniture and it could've been had for $500. That's a deal no matter what the PSA haters say. I believe PSA has sold so much now that they'll have to drop prices even more to keep stuff selling.

As for AK's I don't know much. I haven't paid attention. Hopefully someone else can share their opinions.

I don't plan to stop buying. I think it's going to be getting better and I'm looking forward to it.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    This is great. So many guns were on my want list. I just figured I would never get them when Killery won because they would be too expensive or outlawed.

This is cool, my collection can continue to grow.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I actually have noticed prices on AR lowers creep up since the primaries. I don't think the bottom will drop out of the prices now, but there probably is significant inventory. There'll be Black Friday deals, then Christmas deals, and the "normal" price will revert back to the pre-campaign mean.

Stock up for 4 years from now, though. :D

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    The AR market has been saturated since Sandy Hook. I have seen plenty on the shelf. I doubt the price will bottom out. It will keep on keeping on like the past few years.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Yes this is great, now we don't have to worry for the next 4 years about gun bans or ammo bans.
    I look for guns and ammo across the board to get cheaper, probably won't see the really good prices until May or June of next year.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I actually have noticed prices on AR lowers creep up since the primaries. I don't think the bottom will drop out of the prices now, but there probably is significant inventory. There'll be Black Friday deals, then Christmas deals, and the "normal" price will revert back to the pre-campaign mean.

Stock up for 4 years from now, though. :D

I hadn't noticed the price creeping up but I wasn't looking hard. I did notice the PSA lowers have been out of stock for a while now.

The AR market has been saturated since Sandy Hook. I have seen plenty on the shelf. I doubt the price will bottom out. It will keep on keeping on like the past few years.

If it's saturated won't the prices have to be dropped so they keep selling?

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Yes this is great, now we don't have to worry for the next 4 years about gun bans or ammo bans.
    I look for guns and ammo across the board to get cheaper, probably won't see the really good prices until May or June of next year.

I believe that as soon as the holiday rush is over we will see prices go down as production was increased to meet the demand, due to result of the election manufacturers and distributors won't want to get stock with inventories so they will have to lower prices to move their inventory.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I believe that as soon as the holiday rush is over we will see prices go down as production was increased to meet the demand, due to result of the election manufacturers and distributors won't want to get stock with inventories so they will have to lower prices to move their inventory.

I agree. I also think stores like Rural King will have some killer deals this Black Friday.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I am looking forward to working on my collection. I would like to buy a DD AR, and add to my AK's as well. It will be nice to be able to shop around and not have to settle on something due to lack of supply.
    Hopefully Trump will work with Russia and start the re-importation of Russian AK's and ammo.

dthm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Looks like ammo is still the same price... for now... We should start a new thread with all the memes out there related to firearms.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I am looking forward to working on my collection. I would like to buy a DD AR, and add to my AK's as well. It will be nice to be able to shop around and not have to settle on something due to lack of supply.
    Hopefully Trump will work with Russia and start the re-importation of Russian AK's and ammo.
    i think this is an almost certainty. So everyone that gave a left nut for their sgl21 or 31 will soon be pissed. We knew the Russian thing wouldn't last as long as we got a republican. I this U.S. / Russian relationships will be good.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    While I keep saying I'm done with AK's (buying that is), If things get good with russia and we get some new toys Id be a happy guy. It would be great if they'd change that stupid barrel importation rule. I'd love to get a krink kit with original barrel at a beer-budget price... I'm probably dreaming here...:rolleyes:
    Never know, the "good ol days" might return for a while.

GunsRCool

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I would imagine the prices will get cheaper for at least a couple years. The market has been driven by fear for years now.
    Something I would love to see is the import of Mosins, sks, and AK's open back up.

autogun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 30, 2016
    NWI
    I think prices will go down Distributors stocked up expecting a post election rush. Gun Stocks have been dropping which means investors see less demand with Tromp's victory. i think that means lower prices and soon.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I was at Cabelas shopping in the weeks before the election and every single person at the gun counter was buying an Ar15. I even witnessed a grandma in her 70s buying one, it was awesome. One good thing at least there will probably be a lot of ar15 s in the classifieds here pretty soon.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Short term I see prices going down some on guns and parts as manufacturers get rid of excess inventory then going back up long term as the demand weakens and the makers try to get by on less, until the next big shake up. Also I see a bunch of the smaller companies and those in less than stellar financial health going under due to less demand. Ammo about the same, but better availability for the less in demand chamberings as the manufacturers will now have excess capacity instead of running 24/7 to produce sufficient quantities of the more in demand rounds. And yes, hopefully soon we will now be able to walk into any LGS or other sporting goods retailer and be able to pick up a brick of our favorite 22 lr any time we want.

Ah, I wouldn't be sure about that. 2 of the last 3 R presidents signed gun control legislation. Reagan- Hughes amendment that banned new civilian full autos, Bush I- the 89 import ban of "assault" rifles, also publicly ripped up his NRA card and resigned his life membership after leaving office, and Bush II said he'd sign a new "assault" weapons ban, and in fact wanted to strengthen it over the 94 Clinton ban. So, no, now is not the time to let our guard down, before we get too caught up in celebrating we need to see if Trump is going to be true to his word. Remember, at one time he was a big time gun control proponent.
    And its 2 years and not 4. Next midterm could have congress looking a whole different than what it does now.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    The majority of senate seats up for reelection in 2018 are controlled by democrats. Twenty-five democrat seats and 8 republican I think. Several of the democrat seats are in pretty republican states. I'd say it's entirely possible we will build our senate lead.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The majority of senate seats up for reelection in 2018 are controlled by democrats. Twenty-five democrat seats and 8 republican I think. Several of the democrat seats are in pretty republican states. I'd say it's entirely possible we will build our senate lead.

I hope so, but historically midterms have been rough for the president's party. If Trump doesn't deliver, especially on economic issues, it could get ugly.

Top Bottom