• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am looking forward to some feed back on this when someone gets one. I have Zero to complain about on my 44mag and 45-70. And I have a crap load of 223 brass from my AR. Might be a win win situation for me. I would not mine having another lever gun.

Looking around on the net it looks like they will sell between $850 and $950.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I am looking forward to some feed back on this when someone gets one. I have Zero to complain about on my 44mag and 45-70.

I have a .22 and a .17 by Henry and they are beautiful rifles. I went with Marlin on the .44 only because I really wanted a side loader (and an XS sight rail they don't make for the Henry), but the Henry .44 carbines looked a lot nicer.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Sorry to necropost, but didn't want to start a new thread on this. Has anyone picked up a Long Ranger yet? Thanks to my uncle, I'm a born-again rifle fan, had a wonderful time shooting on a nearby farm with him and my son recently.

I really want the one in 223/556 with iron sights. I suppose it's a bit blasphemy to some to put a scope on a lever action, but reviews I've seen so far have been stellar. Love my other Henrys, and think this would be a complete hoot.

[video]https://youtu.be/QXq7KwZ6eZ0[/video]

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Sorry to necropost, but didn't want to start a new thread on this. Has anyone picked up a Long Ranger yet? Thanks to my uncle, I'm a born-again rifle fan, had a wonderful time shooting on a nearby farm with him and my son recently.

I really want the one in 223/556 with iron sights. I suppose it's a bit blasphemy to some to put a scope on a lever action, but reviews I've seen so far have been stellar. Love my other Henrys, and think this would be a complete hoot.

[video]https://youtu.be/QXq7KwZ6eZ0[/video]

I hope someone has some feed back for you. The .223 5.56 looks pretty awesome to me too. If I see one I will probably get it. As for a scope. I can't bring myself to do it when I shoot well enough with my Skinner Sights and Merit adjustable apertures on my 2 Henry's. Maybe when the eyes get a bit more tired though. We shall see what time brings.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I wound up buying one in 243 and it shoots great. Very well made with beautiful wood. Henry did it right with this model.
    GREAT to hear, glad you like it! Did you scope it?

I have a Big Boy Brass and Big Boy Steel, both in 357, as well as a Golden Boy with the hexagon barrel in 22LR. The Golden Boy may be my favorite of the bunch... such a fun, accurate, and easy shooter with a really nice, smooth action. Right now, the 223/556 (the model with iron sights) is at the top of my short list! And I'm pretty darned sure I'll scope it.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I really wanted the 308, but reality set in and I just don't have the distance around here to really put it to good use. I do want the .410, though, as I think it will be far more useful for my purposes. I have a 22 youth and a 17HMR and really like them both.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I scoped the 243 with a Burris E1 3-9. It makes a nice rig.
    Nice. After a fair bit of research lately, and seeing a great price on GAG (which quickly went out of stock before I could make up my mind) that Bud's matched, my order has been placed. Should have this little fella in the next 10 days or so.

henry-wisconsin-h014s223-rifles_1.jpg

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    It has arrived! This is the 223/556 version. Weather permitting, I'll get to give this a workout tomorrow (Saturday). Should have it scoped by the end of next week once my next package arrives.

Fit and finish is fantastic, there's not a mark on it. The sights (according to my boresight laser) are spot-on right out of the box. I will say that you need to be ascertive when cycling the lever, but not like The Hulk... you just have to work it with some authority. Trigger is pretty darned good too, akin to my other Henrys. After the scope, I'd like to put a bipod on the front swivel, and probably get a good sling too.

5TRIlQQ.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom