• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    I picked up a BCI professional on black Friday. I think I want to do this one with only Iron Sighs. I'm not against flip ups, but I will not be running optics, so they don't have to be. I think A.R.M.S. and GG&G look good but I was wandering if there was anything out there that you guys have used and been happy with. Since I'm not running optics, I'm looking at higher end sights.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll have to look up BCI professional, my best luck with good irons are Marbles peeps on lever guns.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Chuckles. Git yourself...

--Warner Rear #1 with a Gehmann 530-579 iris and a glare tube, and mount it on Warner's top mount Pic rail adapter. A Phoenix is also a solid option.
    --Riles' Highboy 22mm front sight with a Gehmann 520-22 iris, mounted on a Houle bloop tube.

...and you have precision better than almost any scope in any of your safes. Now if $1,500 iron sight packages aren't your thing, then I still think you should go look this stuff up--just for giggles--so you know what's really out there (and what I said above is just scratching the surface).

But hey, if you are looking for "precision", but also semi-practical, then here's what I'd do.

Get one of these:

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/sh...handle-pinned-includes-038-042-046-hoods.html

...and put it with a solidly built front post sight assembly that you want to use (but make sure it's the right height). If you just have to have something other than a post, then look to KNS Precision to get "posts" for the A2-pattern front sights that are crosshairs, etc.

Yeah, I know, it looks like any other cheapo carry handle at the 1500 show, but it is NOT. The pinned White Oak is going to give you 1/4 minute click adjustments that are extremely repeatable and with a very minimum of backlash...a LOT less than many scopes inclusive of the "L" brand, etc.

Sorry, but most of the other options listed are not precision sights. If you want precision, you're gonna have to get away from the "Backup Sight" products AND mentality. It's irons FOR irons, which are more-or-less your words.

Good luck, and keep the focus on the post,

-Nate

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven

--Warner Rear #1 with a Gehmann 530-579 iris and a glare tube, and mount it on Warner's top mount Pic rail adapter. A Phoenix is also a solid option.
    --Riles' Highboy 22mm front sight with a Gehmann 520-22 iris, mounted on a Houle bloop tube.

...and you have precision better than almost any scope in any of your safes. Now if $1,500 iron sight packages aren't your thing, then I still think you should go look this stuff up--just for giggles--

-Nate

Nate,

ok, you got me there, way nice sight set up, but band for the buck, the factory Annie sights work well.......if you have a set your not using, feel free to send them to me I have a rifle in need of a set ......

Aaron

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Chuckles.
    -Nate

I saw the mention of A.R.M.S. and GG&G and forgot about the mention of precision sights.

Nate definitely knows this end of the game, I know nothing of precision sights. I don't think anything I can accomplish with iron sights could even loosely be called precise lol.

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN

...and you have precision better than almost any scope in any of your safes. Now if $1,500 iron sight packages aren't your thing, then I still think you should go look this stuff up--just for giggles--so you know what's really out there (and what I said above is just scratching the surface).

But hey, if you are looking for "precision", but also semi-practical, then here's what I'd do.

Get one of these:

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/sh...handle-pinned-includes-038-042-046-hoods.html

...and put it with a solidly built front post sight assembly that you want to use (but make sure it's the right height). If you just have to have something other than a post, then look to KNS Precision to get "posts" for the A2-pattern front sights that are crosshairs, etc.

Yeah, I know, it looks like any other cheapo carry handle at the 1500 show, but it is NOT. The pinned White Oak is going to give you 1/4 minute click adjustments that are extremely repeatable and with a very minimum of backlash...a LOT less than many scopes inclusive of the "L" brand, etc.

Sorry, but most of the other options listed are not precision sights. If you want precision, you're gonna have to get away from the "Backup Sight" products AND mentality. It's irons FOR irons, which are more-or-less your words.

Good luck, and keep the focus on the post,

-Nate

I like that White Oak rear carrying handle, but the top of my rifle is one long rail, their gas block front sight would be to tall. I like POF's fixed front sight http://pof-usa.com/shop/upgrades-accessories/sights/sight-pof-usa-fixed-front/ and may change the front sight post out, if need be. That's the direction I am thinking*** maybe???.

Thanks for Help!!!

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I think, as long as you get the front sight post high enough, it should be fine, really.

The DD sight that Phylo mention looks solid as all get out, and it takes standard posts. Maybe he can measure how high it is off the rail for you?

I know the WOA carrying handle isn't high speed low drag, but it is extremely precise out to at least 600 yards.

-Nate

Top Bottom