What's the best 9mm AR on the market. . . . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I would guess the new Wilson Combat would be very good. Building one from Quarter Circle 10 would be very quality. I'm a big fan of Macon Armory. Rudy is a pistol caliber genius but I'm not sure he sells complete rifles or not. I know he does complete uppers. My bolt, barrel and buffer for my .40 S&W came from him.

Less expensive options options would be building one. Palmetto State, joebobs, new frontier, and runner runner have glock mag lowers. I went with Joebobs lower and side charging upper. If you go glock mag lower, I would recommend he side charger because you can pull the charging handle and set the bolt lock with one hand. Very handy since inserting a full mag against a closed bolt is almost impossible.

Kaw valley is really getting into the PCC parts game with some reasonably priced parts.

Other "kinda" ARs are the just right carbine and aero survival rifle. They use some AR parts but others are proprietary. Just trying to point out some of the less obvious choices available.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Might give everyone an idea of your opinion on what a reasonable price is. Also what type of mags you would prefer to use. Some use Glock mags, some use Colt, and some use their own style of mags that can cost an arm and a leg.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I bought one a couple weeks ago, Palmetto upper, with a Spikes lower. It uses the Colt mags, which is what I wanted. Planning on building one more later next year with a dedicated SMG lower.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I will echo to build your own. It is very simple and you can build one with quality parts that will be exactly what you want. Plus save a little money on the way.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Let me just say it's not always a simple build if you dint know what your doing. As had been mentioned b4 in several threads, the 9mm AR platform does have its quirks

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I looked into building my own and still got one complete close to way I wanted it for right at 800. It had a Free float rail and Nice Stock. I only changed the grip and added sights. It has a billet aluminum lower and takes Glock mags. The only thing I was concerned with the the Brand but it has ran flawlessly for close to 2000 rds now. I bought an ATI Milsport

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    What's your budget?

Don't buy. Build and have it exactly how you want it.

That's my feelings on the matter. Waiting on the stamp to build mine. It'll be a 4.5" barrel, Spartan lower (I think), Glock mag. Glock mags were a must, and I wanted one silly short. Do some reading on building before you chose to buy. Good luck!

It was important for me to have a barrel threaded 1/2x28, not 1/2x36 as well. I didn't want to buy more pistons than necessary!

Last edited:

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    Sig MPX or CZ Scorpion both seem to be solid options. I've run my brothers MPX sbr a bit, and its a ton of fun.

If I had to have the AR platform, then I'd look at building the Quarter Circle 10. I've been lusting after one since the NRA convention.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'm in the process of building a dedicated 9mm lower to go along with current upper. I thought I wanted Qc10 but decided to try a PSA first. I'm glad i did. It looks great and I'm looking forward to getting it built.

Ottboys3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Indy
    Here's my build sheet;

~
    Quarter Circle 10 Glock Small Frame Lower
    ~ Quarter Circle 10 MUR Pistol Caliber Upper
    ~ Quarter Circle 10 7.5" 9mm Barrel
    ~ Quarter Circle 10 9mm Glock BCG
    ~ Aero Precision 7" M-LOK Hand Guard & Proprietary Barrel Nut

~ Ergo Grip
    ~ Kaw Valley 7.5oz Blow Back Pistol Buffer
    ~ Kaw Valley Extra Power Buffer Spring
    ~ KAK Shockwave Pistol Brace & Buffer Tube
    ~ Law Tactical Gen3 Folding Adapter
    ~ ALG ACT Trigger
    ~ AXTS Raptor Charging Handle
    ~ Kaw Valley Precision 9mm Linear Comp
    ~ RRA LPK
    ~ Vortex Razor Red Dot
    ~ ADM QD Mount & Riser
    ~ Magpul PRO MBUS F&R Set
    ~ Strike Industries Link Curved Fore Grip
    ~ 33rd Glock Mag

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am a big fan of the 9mm carbine. I have an MPX and two Sub 2000s. I also built my own 9mm AR off a QC10 lower. I REALLY love it. However, I am pretty experienced with building ARs and was able to figure out some of the quirks (as referenced before) on my own. If you have any experience in building ARs, I would advise you to build as it makes you more familiar with your gun and gets you exactly what you want. That being said, building a 9mm AR is not nearly as cost effective as building you own AR-15. I easily have over $1200 in my 9mm AR (not including the suppressor).

Oh yeah....and I love them so much, I also built one in 45ACP. Twins!

9mm on Left - 45 on Right

Top Bottom