• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I saw on SB tactical website a few pictures of a Sig brace that looks its styled after a HK UMP's rear stock appears to fold with same hinge as well... However all i saw was just two pictures and i cant seem to find any addition information about product.. has anyone seen this stock and know anything more about it? seems they have quite a few new braces in the works or have recently released... Reason i ask is i just got my HK53k back and im looking to see what's available until i can SBR her

slide5.jpg

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    There CQB setup is pretty sick as well looks like it was intended for the mpx but looks right at home on AR 9mm build.... Looks like good things are on the horizon!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Just got the new SBT EVO folding thingy for my Scorpion Evo and it is awesome. Nice weight and feel. Locks in place very nicely and folds very well. I need to test it folded to see if the brass clears the thingy.

My only 1 grip is that you can't rapidly deploy the folding thingy because the latch button has a sorta stiff spring. You can't just snap it close. In fact, the plastic looks like it is a bit damaged from me trying to smack it open.

It braces really nice and you can get a good cheek weld.

Need some more testing. I think if the button to release the latch is a stronger material like metal, it would be better.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This is getting to be ridiculous. When are we going to be done with this SBR / brace crap? SBR's need to be made legal already. It's through idiocy that they remained in the NFA laws anyways. SBR's and SBS's should have been removed from the original bill when handguns were. Flat out idiocy. It's time our legislators got rid of this junk.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is getting to be ridiculous. When are we going to be done with this SBR / brace crap? SBR's need to be made legal already. It's through idiocy that they remained in the NFA laws anyways. SBR's and SBS's should have been removed from the original bill when handguns were. Flat out idiocy. It's time our legislators got rid of this junk.
    i think a lot Is going to get better starting today for our right to keep and bear arms.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I like the braces for the simple fact that they were designed specifically to defy bs and unconstitutional regulations.

I think legally speaking, they are intended for a VERY specific purpose. What you do with it is your business as long as you do not declare your intention to break the law no matter how stupid it is.

Until the day the NFA changes where we can be free with our guns again...Brace yourself

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think legally speaking, they are intended for a VERY specific purpose. What you do with it is your business as long as you do not declare your intention to break the law no matter how stupid it is.

Until the day the NFA changes where we can be free with our guns again...Brace yourself
    i disagree with their assessment that it changes the comfiguration simply by shouldering it. They don't want to take that to court trust me.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    i disagree with their assessment that it changes the comfiguration simply by shouldering it. They don't want to take that to court trust me.
    It is quite illogical. It's the same firearm whether you shoulder it or not. It doesn't magically transpose itself into something else. The thought process behind a firearm that is legal until you touch it to your shoulder at which point it then becomes illegal is absurd.

Last edited:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    But of course no one wants to test it because they lack the money to take the ATF to court or to the arresting local PD that will most likely be called in to arrest you if someone wants to make it an issue.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Also seems pretty illogical that my 14.5" AR with a pinned/welded muzzle device is legal.....But without that pin and weld.....Look out.....That's a dangerous weapon that nobody should have.....Unless they pay $200. Then it's OK.

****ing stupid.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Which is why we need to hammer this into our reps across the country so the NFA can be changed. First we focus on little by little. The HPA is on the table now. We get that and then we can work on something else like the "Compact Rifle Act"

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Fingers are crossed on the HPA hopefully if that passes additional changes will be considered id be happy even if the legal barrel length of a rifle was slightly reduced we will have too see. Regardless i think the next 4 years will be exciting!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Orrrrr you can just sbr it and not have to worry. Done and done lol

It's the principle of things is why we shouldn't have to register our guns like that. Also, if it remains a "pistol", there's a lot more you can do with it compared to an SBR

Top Bottom