Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Tavor SAR vs. X95--Which Is Better & Why?

I've had my eye on the SAR for a while now, then ran across the X95 which is new to me. I've held the SAR but not shot it; never seen the X95 in person. One of these days, when finances permit, I hope to end up with one of them, but most likely won't be able to get both. Sooooo...please help me make up my mind which one to focus on when I'm talking it up to The Boss of Me!

Who owns/shoots both--which one do you prefer and why? What do you like/dislike the most about either one??

And thanks in advance for any/all helpful advice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, no one is entitled to not be offended in this country nor should anyone be required to give a **** if someone is.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofWinter View Post
    Unless you can thread a sewing machine while it's still running, you haven't had enough coffee....
    A well-armed society is a polite and respectful society.

First off, I am mostly a purist when it comes to most firearms. I own an SAR, I have not handled an X95, but to me the X95 is the result of a lot of internet complaining by the American shooter.
    I like the SAR because it is the closest representation to what the IDF is issued.
    In fact here is a pic of my bull pups, although I have since sold the FS 2000 (middle rifle) my Tavor is wearing an Urban ERT sling and a Leupold Firedot scope in a Leupold mount.

Tavor is on the left, far right is an original PS90 with a Gen. 2 trigger pack and built in optic.
    Also on my Tavor I did have the original Flash hider removed and an ACC blackout hider professionally installed at USDS in Greenwood.
    Last edited by 223 Gunner; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:15.
    Test for Echo

X95 is basically a product improved tavor. At this point, I would probably buy an x95. Although I wish we could have the IDF version with the shorter overall length.

Do not buy the sar unless you plan to dump $400 into making the trigger shootable. The x95 comes with the better trigger.

223G--lots of beauty sitting right there. Good thing I have such a limited budget or I'd be really jealous!
    TF--I was allowed to dry-fire the SAR, and the trigger did feel way too heavy for my taste. And I've looked into the aftermarket trigger packs too... Would like to feel the X95 to see if it fits my shoulder better or worse than the SAR before I obsessed about the trigger though.

I truly loved how the SAR felt, how naturally and easily it came into line with my eye, and the overall feel of it weight-wise. I can only hope that the X95 feels much the same.

I do kind of like the different accessorizing points on the 95, but just don't know if it would feel better/shoot & reload better than the original SAR.

While I'm at it, does it really make any difference between the 18" and 16.5" barrel versions???
    Contrary to popular belief, no one is entitled to not be offended in this country nor should anyone be required to give a **** if someone is.
    Unless you can thread a sewing machine while it's still running, you haven't had enough coffee....

I have the SAR and love it. Very accurate and easy to shoot. I need to practice mag changes under stress because I am so used to the AR platform and it is vastly different. I like the fact that the X95 has the same mag release function as the AR platform but I don't think it would be enough to make me sell the SAR to get one. I was told by vitamink that the SAR is more accurate but our conversation was cut short before I could get more information.

If you ever want to shoot my SAR, let me know. I have both a stock and Geissele trigger for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birds Away View Post
    You'e thinking in circles and you have yourself surrounded.

Usually doesn't wear pants vitamink's Avatar

While I'm at it, does it really make any difference between the 18" and 16.5" barrel versions???[/QUOTE]

If I were to do it all over again, I would buy the 18 inch barrel version of the SAR
    Test for Echo

Thanks guys! Appreciate the input. And Frank, I may just have to take you up on your offer--I'd love to actually shoot one so I can figure out if it feels as good shooting as it does holding one. Probably get me in trouble though...I have a feeling it might go from desire to obsession afterwards, and the wife has some pretty strong opinions about finance priorities...sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by eric001 View Post
    Thanks guys! Appreciate the input. And Frank, I may just have to take you up on your offer--I'd love to actually shoot one so I can figure out if it feels as good shooting as it does holding one. Probably get me in trouble though...I have a feeling it might go from desire to obsession afterwards, and the wife has some pretty strong opinions about finance priorities...sigh.
    I understand. I had to save up extra job money and sell my AR to get it. Just let me know when you want to try to shoot it. If you have a range that you frequent, I could probably meet you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds Away View Post
    You'e thinking in circles and you have yourself surrounded.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast