• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Hey guys,

Been thinking of upgrading my AR rifles. My first buy was a DPMS Bull 16. My second was a Core Rifle Systems M4 scout and had it rebarreled in 300blk.

Moved and my new club I have to do a lot of walking so the bull gun gets heavy. The 300 I thought I would hunt with. Realizing that is years down the road.

Thinking of selling both and going with something like a Daniel Defense V11 light weight. Install a dot optic and a flashlight and be done. Have one quality AR that's easy to handle.

What you guys think. Could I get decent cash for my guns? Anyone have any time on a V11?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I almost always regret letting one go..(wet farts and good guns). I'd just put together a nice lightweight upper rather than change rifles.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Hey guys,

Been thinking of upgrading my AR rifles. My first buy was a DPMS Bull 16. My second was a Core Rifle Systems M4 scout and had it rebarreled in 300blk.

Moved and my new club I have to do a lot of walking so the bull gun gets heavy. The 300 I thought I would hunt with. Realizing that is years down the road.

Thinking of selling both and going with something like a Daniel Defense V11 light weight. Install a dot optic and a flashlight and be done. Have one quality AR that's easy to handle.

What you guys think. Could I get decent cash for my guns? Anyone have any time on a V11?

I agree with Aaron in the thought you won't get much for them. I'd toss them in the safe.
    Why not build your own? It really isn't that hard and you can build it to the exact specs you want. Also have you thought about changing the barrel on the DPMS? With the current prices you can easily pick up a new upper with the barrel and acc. you want. This way you will keep a trigger and lower that you are comfortable with.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I wouldn't sell either. 300blk is a fading fad. If that 300blk barrel is 16" then you most certainly will have a hard time selling it. After 8.5" the 300blk has diminishing returns. If anything I'd use the Core rifle as a base gun. Buy a good barrel and BCG. Such as BCM and a rail that you like. Then add an optic and good combat trigger. Done

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    where is the best place to buy a new upper?

I suggest building your own. You can save a little cash.. Maybe and get exactly what you want. The internet is full of good shops but if you look around your local gunshops you can likely find one with everything you need. Buying local generally comes with advice and help, while online comes cheaper.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    All good advice. Will give it some more thought.

Resigned from my job seven years ago to finish school and be a stay at home dad. Don't shoot near as much as I used to. If something new is on order one or two have to go. I have been consolidating for the past couple years selling and downsizing. My two AR rifles ar safe queens. Thought it would be nice to nix the blackout caliber and ditch the heavy bull gun. Have one higher tier AR that is light and at the ready.

Will be thinking about it and will start watching the want adds. Might be better to part them out.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Put them up for sale for what you want out of them. Worst case, they don't sell. No sense keeping guns you don't like. Fund something you will actually like. Get rid of the junkers and get something great.

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Owning ar's and losing money in them seems to be part of the norm I think. We put aftermarket parts in them and then get tired of the setup and usually sell them for less. These aren't Colt revolvers so take a hit and move on.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    If you decide to sell them, I would do it now! The market is already soft, but there are still guys out there looking to get into an entry level AR. By April you probably won't be able to give one away.
    I have seen my share of WTS/WTT ads, that state NO AR's and NO Glocks, the AK market however is doing better than the AR market is right now. Said ads are on here and other popular sites.
    If it were me, I would strip them down to bare bones rifles, and try to sell any accessories you don't want. Keep in my accessories only bring about 1/2 or retail for the same item new.
    If this is your only means of funding the rifle you want, then I would sell them.

Top Bottom