• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've been thinking about putting some Boyd's wood furniture on one of my ARs. Their notes say the AR needs an A-2 buffer tube to fit the wood stock. Do I need to change anything else if I swap from my adjustable tube to the A-2 or will my standard buffer and spring work fine?

Thanks, Matt

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    You will need a rifle length buffer and spring, your carbine buffer and spring likey will not work with an A2 length stock. What gas system is in use? Carbine mid length or rifle? This matters as well.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I'm thinking it's a rifle length. Pretty sure it was carbine length but changed it to rifle when I swapped the barrel.
    I'll double check before buying anything. I'm putting my list together for the 1500.

Matt

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You will need a rifle length buffer and spring, your carbine buffer and spring likey will not work with an A2 length stock. What gas system is in use? Carbine mid length or rifle? This matters as well.

^^^This.^^^ I used wood furniture for my INGO lower build and this is the route I had to go.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Do not forget there are two lengths of rifle buttstock. A1 and A2.

Both use the same tube buffer and spring. But to get the extra length there is an extra spacer that goes on the end of the tube to fit the longer A2 spec stock.

So for an A2 length rifle buttstock, you need the rifle buffer tube, A2 spacer, A2 buttstock screw, rifle buffer and spring.

For an A1 buttstock you need the tube, the hard as hell to find short A1 butt stock screw, rifle buffer and spring.

The rifle buffer and spring have the benefit of being COMPLETELY gas system independent. The default rifle buffer will work with a Carbine, Mid, or Rifle gas quite easily. This is because of the extra length of travel.

i have never once seen anyone selling a different weight rifle buffer other then the original weight.

Top Bottom