• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Sale value of a Colt LE6920MPG-OD? Factory anodized OD upper/lower.

Long story short, I'm thinking about selling a Colt LE6920MPG-OD to offset the cost of a $2700 vet bill on a pet we just lost. I've looked around and haven't found any in stock anywhere and most information is at least 2-3 years old. Even here on INGO a search for LE6920MPG-OD reveals only one thread from back in April 2013.

Anyone have an idea what I should let this go for? It's the OD anodized version. IT'S NOT THE STANDARD BLACK 6920. THE UPPER & LOWER RECEIVERS ALONG WITH THE BUFFER TUBE ARE FACTORY ANODIZED OD GREEN. Has about 200 rounds through it.

I don't have a picture of it right now but it looks like this one.
    iu

I usually don't sell much, but kind of need to in this case. I know values are low and the market is saturated right now. I'm just getting thoughts on it.

Last edited:

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    There are a few for sale new for 1050-1200. If i were looking and it were mint id pay 850-900 as i can get a brand new black model for that.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    There are a few for sale new for 1050-1200. If i were looking and it were mint id pay 850-900 as i can get a brand new black model for that.

I wasn't sure if it was a limited edition or how many of them were made. When I bought it a few years ago I didn't look anything up first, I just saw it in the shop and liked it. I put an Aimpoint Pro on it and got it sighted in, played with it a little for the remainder of the 200 rounds then cleaned it & put it away. Our main rifles are BCM's and we don't want to get rid of those.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Was t even aware of an OD version, but a new Colt 6920 can be had for under $1000 as stated earlier. I'm a big fan of OD weapons, and somehow missed this version, or I would already own one!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Was t even aware of an OD version, but a new Colt 6920 can be had for under $1000 as stated earlier. I'm a big fan of OD weapons, and somehow missed this version, or I would already own one!

It's pretty sharp looking. The upper/lower/buffer tube are all anodized from the factory. If it were a standard black one I'd probably just throw it up here for $700-750 & be done with it. I really hate to get rid of it but the animal hospital hit pretty hard.

st8kfinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2016
    north east
    Good luck. I got a new 6920 with the green magpul furniture for my first ar a couple years ago and added a magpul sling, surefire light, and carry handle. I picked it over the rifle I want now because colt was supposed to have better resale value but $650 is the best offer I have got and that is leaving the sling and an expensive light on it.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Good luck. I got a new 6920 with the green magpul furniture for my first ar a couple years ago and added a magpul sling, surefire light, and carry handle. I picked it over the rifle I want now because colt was supposed to have better resale value but $650 is the best offer I have got and that is leaving the sling and an expensive light on it.

Colt generally does have better resale value, at least compared to others in the same class. Even with today's market saturation you should have been able to get more than $650 out of it, especially with a Surefire light on it. The standard 6920's are going new for about $800 I think. The one I'm talking about isn't a standard black 6920. I don't expect to make bank with mine, just trying to get a nice starting point. I have a friend that's interested in it and will probably go that route once he get's his monthly bills taken care of in a week or so.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Timing is not on your side.

Maybe try to list on arfcom since there are a lot of colt fanbois over there.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Timing is not on your side.

Maybe try to list on arfcom since there are a lot of colt fanbois over there.

Yeah, timing sucks. INGO is the only place I'll sell something if it comes to that. If my friend decides to pass then it will probably go back into storage. I may come up with something else to let go of.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When I buy, I go to gunbroker and go to the COMPLETED LISTINGS. Seach for what I am interested in and sort by highest number of bids first.

That tells me at what price things are moving.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    When I buy, I go to gunbroker and go to the COMPLETED LISTINGS. Seach for what I am interested in and sort by highest number of bids first.

That tells me at what price things are moving.

Tried that and didn't find anything. Also did a slickguns search, armslist, and general google search. Everything that did turn up was at least a couple years old. Most didn't have anything at all show up.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wouldn't pay more than 750. But I wouldn't sell one for less than that either. Yes they were as low as 650 but I don't think the colts will go that low again. That's when they were trying to not go bankrupt.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I did a google search, like others I was not aware that Colt ever made that model.

These prices are for new rifles of course, the first link shows out of stock at $900
    Colt Colt LE6920MPGOD Law Enforcement 6920MP Semi-Automatic 223 Remington/5.56 NATO 1

Then Buds was next at $1200 out of stock as well.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/84322

On my slick guns search, every vendor was out of stock, you probably know this already. My guess is it was a limited run to test the market.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I did a google search, like others I was not aware that Colt ever made that model.

These prices are for new rifles of course, the first link shows out of stock at $900
    Colt Colt LE6920MPGOD Law Enforcement 6920MP Semi-Automatic 223 Remington/5.56 NATO 1

Then Buds was next at $1200 out of stock as well.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/84322

On my slick guns search, every vendor was out of stock, you probably know this already. My guess is it was a limited run to test the market.

Yep, everything I've looked at has been out of stock. I found some armslist stuff but it was a couple years old. There's no way to properly compare prices from back then (Sandy Hook time frame) to now (market saturation). The more I think about it, the less I'm inclined to get rid of it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I bought one similar at the LGS this past year, but it was some mottled, pirate color. It was used but appeared to be Unshot and came with box and all. I think I give $700 for it, plus tax.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    It looks like it is the Magpul version and its OD green. My friend bought the same gun a couple years back at Beech grove and I think it was listed at 1075.00 in the black magpul version. They took 940.00 for it since he was buying a second gun that day.

You are right, timing isn't on your side. New I would guess this to be worth 1K based on the price of the black magpul version. You would be also saving someone 70.00 in tax. I would list it at 900.00 and that would be a great deal for someone in the market for a colt who didn't want the base model. I would almost prefer buying a used gun of this type on the forum vs. brand new. You have first hand knowledge of how the gun shoots from an owner like you who is simply moving to free up some cash. I tend to believe guys on the board so if you say its a shooter and doesn't jam I would be very happy to lay out that much cash.

I think LPMan59 is right, you should expect to take 750-800.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It is one of the Magpul 6920s. I have one in FDE, bought one in the Firestorm Camo NIB from an INGO member, and I have one in black as well. MOE Magpul works fine on the Colt 6920s. Only the FDE is factory colored. (well, the black is of course) The Firestorm Camo is all add on Magpul including the mag.
    The FDE I paid $900 cash for and I saw a few of them at Wally World for $650 when they dropped them close to 2 years ago.
    As far as I know the Magpul 6920s are kaput.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It is one of the Magpul 6920s. I have one in FDE, bought one in the Firestorm Camo NIB from an INGO member, and I have one in black as well. MOE Magpul works fine on the Colt 6920s. Only the FDE is factory colored. (well, the black is of course) The Firestorm Camo is all add on Magpul including the mag.
    The FDE I paid $900 cash for and I saw a few of them at Wally World for $650 when they dropped them close to 2 years ago.
    As far as I know the Magpul 6920s are kaput.

It came with the Magpul furniture, but the upper/lower receivers and the buffer tube are anodized OD green from the factory as well.

Top Bottom