• BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I think the big issue would be placing the mount and scope far enough forward to deploy the rear sight .
    I tried it on my rifle just now . I would have to bridge the hand guard with the cantilever mount [perp] plus the eye relief would be off on the scope .

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The center of the scope will be 2mm higher than the buis with that set up.

That's not very much... But when it comes to putting lead down range, 2mm at the face may as well be 2 miles at the target. I wonder if I could just pretend it's a lower 1/3rd. Or not worry about any kind of co-witness at all.

I think the big issue would be placing the mount and scope far enough forward to deploy the rear sight .
    I tried it on my rifle just now . I would have to bridge the hand guard with the cantilever mount [perp] plus the eye relief would be off on the scope .

That is also a big concern. I'm almost positive that I have the 2" offset mount and not the 3".

What has prompted all of this is: Do I buy/build another upper and mount this on it; or do I "upgrade" the barrel (from 5.56 to .223 Wylde) on my current AR and then mount this optic on it.

This optic has an etched reticle so if the battery goes dead I can still utilize the scope...so would I really need any kind of BUS? This isn't a "fighting rifle" - but it IS my only one / multi purpose.

*sigh*

Top Bottom