• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Basically I need to know what barrels will work in a PA10 upper.

I've had a PA10 lower for quite awhile now, and have been waiting for PSA to release an upper that I like. So far, nothing. I now want to build the upper. I contacted PSA support, and was told the "PA-10 platform is loosely based on the DPMS gen1 profile, we can only guarantee the fit and function of PA-10 parts to other PA-10 parts." With that said, before PSA deleted reviews and products they no longer carry, some people stated they used a LR style barrel in the upper and had no issues. Now since the reviews/parts are no longer on the website, I can't verify what worked.

This is what I would like to use: 308 AR STAINLESS STEEL BARREL | Brownells

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thats kind of the downfall of the PA10, no one really knows for sure what fits and what doesn't. Ive heard conflicting stories from a few guys one way or another on what actually will fit and function with these rifles. It really seems to be just trial and error.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    About the only thing the "pattern" can be sure to tell you is what mag to use.

I am curious about the barrel selection. 24 inches?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You may have another problem besides it not fitting. Finding one.
    One thing about the DPMS parts you see on the various websites, most are now out of stock, most probably won't be restocked.

DPMS (and other freedom group) parts were dumped EN MASSE on the various gun retailers a year or two ago. (Early 2015 ish) when the AR bubble popped after the 2013 panic. Freedom group consolidated a lot of production and when they did that, they dumped a ton of AR parts on the market to avoid moving that stuff.

That is where a lot of those listings came from on the various retailers sites.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don't mix parts from different makers of AR-10s...... ever.

it's a frustrating situation I know.

Yea they call it "loosely based" on the DPMS pattern...

About the only thing the "pattern" can be sure to tell you is what mag to use.

I am curious about the barrel selection. 24 inches?

About the only thing I want to modify on mine would be the hand guard and trigger (want a drop-in unit). Any problem doing that? I haven't seen any on PSA's site.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    About the only thing I want to modify on mine would be the hand guard and trigger (want a drop-in unit). Any problem doing that? I haven't seen any on PSA's site.

You should be good to go with a "low Height" patterned DPMS rail. I put one on a buddys and it fit perfect.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I dont blame you. Should make it a bit more accurate Id say.

That's my hope. I'm no precision shooter, and the stainless barrel is adequate for easily hitting a 60% steel silhouette at about 350 yards (farthest I can shoot at the range where I'm a member), but someday I'd like to try stretching it out a little more.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    That's my hope. I'm no precision shooter, and the stainless barrel is adequate for easily hitting a 60% steel silhouette at about 350 yards (farthest I can shoot at the range where I'm a member), but someday I'd like to try stretching it out a little more.

Oh yea Id say youll have no trouble at all doing that. Are you still using the factory trigger, or has it been upgraded?

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Nice! Ive got that same trigger in a few of my rifles. Best $100 trigger you can buy IMO. After you get it put in I have no doubt accuracy will improve.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice! Ive got that same trigger in a few of my rifles. Best $100 trigger you can buy IMO. After you get it put in I have no doubt accuracy will improve.

I have this same trigger in all but one of my AR's (the other is a CMC) and I've been very happy with them. I wasn't sure if it would work in a 308, but according to the manufacturer it will, so I'm hopeful. :)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    That's funny the only other trigger I have is a CMC flat blade lol. Yes they will work in the Ar10 platform I had one I'm my LR308, so I don't see why it wouldn't work in the PA10 as it uses a standard AR15 fire control group. Same here I cant express how happy I am with them and their a great company to deal with also.

Top Bottom