There are a LOT of AR rifles in the classifieds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Is it just me or are there currently more AR platform rifles in the classifieds than I have seen before? (Full disclosure, this includes my own). Everybody trying to unload after the election?

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I suspect a lot of people bought and built AR's before the election figuring that when Hillary won they would be worth 4X what they paid....then came the Trump surprise (thank god).

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I have one listed. I was going to keep it for my youngest if worse came to worse. I'm happy being "stuck" with it, but would like to sell it and finish a few custom builds instead. Flooded market for sure, I'm glad things are the way they are for now!!!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    A friend of mine told me last night that he wants to buy an Ar15. A told him to wait a month or two. It was kind of nice to be able to say that.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    0.jpg

BINGO!!!

for the most part. I've got one on there because I just have too many and need space in my safe, but had the sea hag won I'd probably be keeping it.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I'm pretty much convinced that ARs (at least basic ones) are rarely selling/trading these days on INGO. Unless you deep discount one, INGO members seem to all be savvy enough to build their own exactly how they want it. Entry level ARs are a dime a dozen on this site.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm not trying to flip mine, nor did I panic buy it.

My intentions on selling it is not for profit, but life changing.

I want to buy yours with the mags and ammo you have listed, but I can't afford it. If I tried to sell one of mine to offset the cost I'd lose too much on that sale to make it worth it (to me anyway).

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have two to build up. I will be adding those to the fray. I will be happy to get my money out of them, not including labor to build them. I bought the components pretty good and they will be a decent build. Nice BCG, floated rail, upgraded triggers and charging handle, fixed stocks.

And yes, my original intent was to build them up to sell for profit. But I am in sales and understand markets well so I know that I won't be making a 20%+ margin on these anymore.

I am still happier with this than I would have been if Hillary had gotten in. A few bucks on a couple of rifle sales aren't as important as trying to get our country whole again.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I want the mags/ammo

Yep. Lovemachine, you will have more luck moving the ammo and accessories separately. Any gun with lots of accessories and extras is harder to move because you have to find someone that wants exactly what you have, but its easier to find 2 or 3 people that want the individual parts of the whole kit.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I want to buy yours with the mags and ammo you have listed, but I can't afford it. If I tried to sell one of mine to offset the cost I'd lose too much on that sale to make it worth it (to me anyway).

I want the mags/ammo

I want to sell to both of you :)

I'll admit, I threw the prices on it. I wasn't sure what a fair price is, and I have been hoping to get a fair offer.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yep. Lovemachine, you will have more luck moving the ammo and accessories separately. Any gun with lots of accessories and extras is harder to move because you have to find someone that wants exactly what you have, but its easier to find 2 or 3 people that want the individual parts of the whole kit.

So, Mr. Monkey do you think I should split up my P226 deal I have listed right now? I have the pistol, a Bladetech Comp Pak and 4 extra mags. Should I pull the holster kit and extra mags and mark a price for just the pistol?

I have indicated that I would sell separate components.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I want the mags/ammo

I did that. Bought WAY TOO MUCH AMMO.
    I've been looking at PSA, Point Blank, etc and seeing dirt cheap AR prices.
    Then I browse the INGO ads and know right off the numbers don't ad up in some cases.
    I'll say good luck to those needing to sell and those that bought just to flip... "Up yours"

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    So, Mr. Monkey do you think I should split up my P226 deal I have listed right now? I have the pistol, a Bladetech Comp Pak and 4 extra mags. Should I pull the holster kit and extra mags and mark a price for just the pistol?

I have indicated that I would sell separate components.

I think you missed the key word which was "lots". Four magazines and a holster hardly qualifies for "lots". On the other hand, a surefire light, four pounds of tannerite, a sling, 21 magazines and 4,000+ rounds of ammo would qualify.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom