• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    A friend has a matched set of side-by-side shotguns that he wants to sell but he doesn't know the value. Can anyone help?

Here is what he provided to me:

Dakin Gun Co - San Francisco Cal.
    Gaspar Arizoga Eibar
    Serials
    12ga 569 935xx
    20ga 191 986xx
    From the pictures he provided they are highly engraved and the condition appears to be very good

They were a wedding gift from his Father-in-Law.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I had a Dakin imported sidelock SXS in 12 gauge...I sold it for around $800...Is it a sidelock?? Right now the value on used Spanish SxS's is kind of soft...In the late 80's early 90's they were selling well...This is a guesstimate but retail on the pair could be around $2000....What happened is (long story short) England toughened up their gun laws and rural people who could not afford a Purdey, H&H, Boss, etc...Had Spanish copies like AYA, Ugartechea, etc....When the license fees went up they sold their shotguns and Century, Thad Scott and a few others bought them up and dumped them here...I picked up a nice SxS sidelock for $450 that should have been a $1500-$2000 gun....The market got saturated and they are not very tactical so the prices dropped....I knew some cowboy action shooters that bought some for $300 and hacked the barrels down...Quite sad really....

On a perfect day (if sidelock) about $2000 retail...More than likely $1,200-$1,500 and selling on gunbroker is where he would get the most eyes on the pair and probably the higher value...

Check out Terry Weilands book "Spanish Best" and find out who the maker is...Dakin was the importer..I'll try and find my list of Spanish makers markings and post a link....Everybody and their brother makes shotguns in Eibar lol....

Spain

Spanish Trademarks

A little background...Prices are all over the place...$500-$15,000 lol....

http://www.chuckhawks.com/spanish_shotguns.htm

Last edited:
    Top Bottom