• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    This seems to be a popular rifle so I thought a quick post was called for. I have shot less than 200 rounds through it, and have been working on a few different sighting systems, until today. I am very happy with my Nikon 3x9 40mm Prostaf rimfire. I seem to work with it very well. Here are some picts today freom Atebury, yes it was 10F and very cold, cross wind from the south about 8 mph, 80% humidity. All shots are from 50 yards, forend resting on my range box, and i was holding the rear stock in my cold hand.
    The shots that count are the four Rem golden bullets RN that can be covered by a dime. The other in the bull is the best some Federal target lead ammo could do, not the best for this rifle. All others were scopt zero shots, the adjusters are spot on at 50 yards with one click 1/4 "

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    Looks like a great shooter. I've been looking for a bold action .22, Ruger just announced a Target model of the American Rimfire and its really got my attention.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive heard great things about these rifles. I know the 22mag version shoots quite well and their reasonably prices also. Seems like a win in my book..

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good deal! In our clan we've got 5, 3 22lr, 1 22 wmr, and a 17 HMR. All are at least decent shooters, with the 17 and 22 mag being scary accurate. The Boss's standard size 22 will shoot multiple types of mid priced ammo right at .5" @ 50 yards.

Surprised you were able to get that kind of accuracy out of the Remington. None of ours will shoot it worth a damn.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I love mine as do my grand sons. I run my suppressed most of the time as it's easier to educate them on how to shoot. Great choice.
    Dan

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Those groups would make anyone smile, so just think how much broader your smile will get once you get a much more stable rest under more favorable shooting conditions, with the one ammo that your Ruger shoots best.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Thank you all for the replies. And let me appologize for my poor spelling and proofing. I don't do well with my iPad. I still have some mid price brands of ammo to check. I believe it will like CCI mini-mags and Winchester super X too, but I haven't tested beyond 25 yards yet.
    I have been very cafefull with my barrel cleaning and always run the patch from the breech. Still running the stock settings on the trigger until I get a torque driver to help set those screws back to 35 inch pounds. Being a hunting gun I dont want the trigger too light anyways.

The weather is looking promising for this weekend, I am will try to start my hunting early morning if the weather holds.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I never clean the bbl on a .22 til accuracy starts to flag. Mine shoot better if you leave the bullet lube in there.

Many more barrels on rimfire guns have been "cleaned" out than shot out.:yesway:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Thank you all for the replies. And let me appologize for my poor spelling and proofing. I don't do well with my iPad. I still have some mid price brands of ammo to check. I believe it will like CCI mini-mags and Winchester super X too, but I haven't tested beyond 25 yards yet.
    I have been very cafefull with my barrel cleaning and always run the patch from the breech. Still running the stock settings on the trigger until I get a torque driver to help set those screws back to 35 inch pounds. Being a hunting gun I dont want the trigger too light anyways.

The weather is looking promising for this weekend, I am will try to start my hunting early morning if the weather holds.

Those are good choices, and I'll put in a strong recommendation for CCI Standard Velocity, which very often shoots quite well in a wide variety of rifles and exceptionally in many.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    If you can find CCI Quiets they are a lot of fun. Almost hearing safe without a suppressor. With a suppressor they are so quiet it's unreal.
    Here's my grandson shooting:

[video=youtube_share;aw444AyMjxI]http://youtu.be/aw444AyMjxI[/video]

Top Bottom