• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I have a standard 10/22 that I'm thinking about fitting with a Hogue Stock. Would like to hear peoples likes and dislikes of this modification. Did you find any accuracy or fitting issues with this stock? Amazon rating is very good but I'm suspicious of ratings on amazon.

Thanks

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I've had a Hogue stock on a Ruger 10/22 for several years. It's light, slightly "grippy", fit perfectly, and was reasonably priced. I like it. :yesway:

2zrjrif.jpg

Last edited:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I had one on the last 10/22 I had and it was very nice. Lightweight and the tackiness of the rubber overmold makes it very nice for shooting and adding a bit more grip to the stock.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I had one on my last one. It was nice. My only complaint was it was a light colored and showed dirty finger prints. It came clean with a little Hopps 9 so no biggie.

I like all Hogue stuff in general and have used a bunch of their revolver grips and all my AR rifles have their pistol grips on them. Want to add a free float tube to one next. The rubber is a lot nicer to hang onto in the cold.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I am very pleased with mine. Hogue generally makes good stuff. I think they got a bad rap from the green Hogue stock that comes factory on Remington's 700 AAC-SD. Even that one is a good stock, but can flex at the end and make contact with the barrel when a shooter pre-loads a bipod prior to firing. (If you're into that kind of thing...)

As for the 10/22 variant, with significant pressure it can be forced to contact a bull barrel, but I doubt it would contact in any real shooting scenario. Besides, if you are pre-loading a 10/22 bipod in anticipation of the recoil, you're doing it wrong. :D

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Have one on one of my 10/22s and really like it. I got the heavy barrel version and installed a light weight carbon tension barrel. The lighter weight of the Hogue stock makes for one really fun shooter and allows the heavy scope to not make the whole thing too heavy. More scope than rifle makes it a really pleasant tack driver. Far from the best picture, but I wanted to get it posted quickly.

attachment.php

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I had one on my last one. It was nice. My only complaint was it was a light colored and showed dirty finger prints. It came clean with a little Hopps 9 so no biggie.

I like all Hogue stuff in general and have used a bunch of their revolver grips and all my AR rifles have their pistol grips on them. Want to add a free float tube to one next. The rubber is a lot nicer to hang onto in the cold.

My wife had a pink Hogue stock on her 10/22 and really like it. However like Sniper 79 said above. It attracted and showed dirt very easily. Aside from that. It was great!!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I love mine. I had to sand a little on the stock's mag well to get the mags to drop free, but still totally worth it. It is good and grippy in the rain. The one downside is that if it is left sitting in the hot summer sun for hours on end, it gets super hot.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    They make a good stock even though the forearm is a bit flexible. Won't matter unless you're shooting off a rest. I've had the same issue with the magwell. Currently have my 10/22M .17 HMR conversion in a black one.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Besides Hogue - who else may make similar stocks for the 10/22?

Hogue stock owners: How is the LOP on a Hogue as compared to a standard wood stock on a 10/22? My current 10/22 stock just seems way too short for me. It's not the youth model stock, either, I don't believe.

Top Bottom