• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, I have, or will have soon, one of the WARTHOG lowers from Spikes. It's pretty expensive but since I have used Warthog as my name on forums since there were forums and before that on the USEnet I suppose it was destined. :):

Now this will be a very special AR, not gonna rush and gonna make sure I get exactly what I want regardless of how much it costs or how long it takes me to afford. I already will be using my INGO Dust Cover plus I wondered if I couldn't attach a pair of the Challenge coins, so each side will show, on the handguard as well. That would be my first question, what would be the best way to attach the coins to the handguard?

Second, I wondered if I could mod the handguard at it's front so it looked like tusks were on it, maybe by cutting them into the guard?

Finally, what is the spikiest flash hider or muzzle brake made currently?

I have already found some cool PG's and foregrips that I like. No doubt this will get some Cerakote action as well but that is still to be decided as to colors and such. Like I say, this one will be really special to me and I want it to be cool looking as much as anything. I have other rifle for accuracy and for blasting so the look is as important for this one as anything else. Probably wanting some sort of special barrel and upper too. Never assembled and upper from scratch before but I am thinking this will be the time. Already know what type of trigger I want for it too.

Like I say, suggestions are much appreciated as I gather up the stuff I want to make this rifle look like a nasty tusky warthog. Thanks for the input and if you do have suggestion perhaps you can link me to them so I can check them out? Thanks :ingo:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Why not use a forstner bit and sink the coins into some deep plastic (like in the grip, kind of like the old Colt handguns). Some good 2 part epoxy should keep them held in well.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I would also consider using clear RTV. I worry that the thermal expansion of plastic vs metal might shear the epoxy over time. (Or get an epoxy that has enough flex for this.)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Why not go wood? Here's an AK.

dinzag-saiga-stock3.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Now were getting somewhere. :D

They only sell that with their WARHOG rifle though, I doubt they'd sell you just the forearm.

If a forearm has enough meat to it, you could always have it machined down to have tusks

As for the muzzle device, Black Rain or one of the Primary Weapon System muzzle breaks since they halfway resemble a tusk?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Finally, what is the spikiest flash hider or muzzle brake made currently?

Black Rain Ordnance has some pretty "spiky" muzzle brakes.
    b5i65ly2tzlcu6q21cc.jpg

I had to cover mine with a pipe thread protector to keep it from slicing through my pants during an Indy protest a few years back.
    (yes, I realize there was no scope or sights. I JUST bought the gun. Now it has a scope)

11311_500586646646513_1260680971_n.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As for attaching coins...

Maybe use a sling mount like this
    $_35.JPG

Attach the coin to this, or something like this. This way, if you don't like it, or change your mind, you can remove it.
    To attach the coin, I'm more a fan of bolts/screws/nuts than I am of adhesives.
    Maybe a #6 or #8 bolt THROUGH a hole drilled in the sling mount, and the coin.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am wondering if I can have one specially made so it looks like Warthog Tusks?

I don't care if it works as a brake or hides the flash for that matter, not on this one. :)

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members