High Velocity Manufacturing AR's - Made in Ft. Wayne, IN!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I think Ranger Supply out South West has their lowers in stock unless I'm mistaken.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Looks fairly boutique"ish" to me. Not sure why anyone would make finger grooves on the the receiver like that as that's a terrible place to put your hand

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I couldn't get over the crappy website. As much as they are charging you think they'd have a proper site. This one looks like it was made by a 1st grader!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    For a startup company I actually prefer a less than perfect website. I'very seen too many start ups with fantastic websites, and crumbs products. I'd rather they put their efforts into their products, but agree at some point the website needs improved.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    There is an Auburn Arms table at the 1500 that appears to have their lowers available. They were marked Auburn Arms and had the Auburn Arms logo with the old car engraved on it, but they also had the finger grooves and the exact same Ft. Wayne address as is on the HVM lowers in the op links. There was also one that didn't have the finger grooves. I really liked it, but it's hard to justify $225 for a lower at this point.

Auburn Arms

image304528-abfed0fecc9866701a43c1a131873759.png

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have one of the magwell grips on a dedicated .22 upper. It lets the beginning shooter get a more balanced feel until they are comfortable with the AR platform.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I know several Combat Vets that shoot the same way, grip on magwell.
    It's weird to me, he never did it before that... I have an SKS I had to do it with but the mag would fall out on that one if you didn't...

do they teach that as park of 'marksmanship' The forward grip gives TONS more stability period. So I don't get it

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    They didn't teach the mag well grip back in my day, but I've shot using it. I've shot a rifle just about every way a guy can and just never preferred tof hold the magwell. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Top Bottom