• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just got an email from Henry Repeating Rifles telling me my wish has come true.
    This year, at the shot show, they will be introducing a lever action .327 Federal magnum rifle, and a .41magnum lever-action, as well as single-shot shotguns and rifles.

I've wanted a lever-action .327 carbine since the round was introduced.
    Need to start saving the nickles and dimes...

.327 Fed/mag goodness in a lever-action package.
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That is awesome! I have always liked the .32 family of cartridges and lamented the fact I could not have an 1894 lever in .327. Should be a hoot and I hope it will be reliable with .32 H&R and even S&W Longs.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That is awesome! I have always liked the .32 family of cartridges and lamented the fact I could not have an 1894 lever in .327. Should be a hoot and I hope it will be reliable with .32 H&R and even S&W Longs.

I would guess this bodes well for the cartridge sticking around.
    I have 2 .327 revolvers and just love that round.
    It's cheap to load for, and I imagine it will have zero recoil in a carbine size firearm.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Nice! I like my (daughter's) .327 LCR. I actually saw a decently priced Ruger SP101 and S&W at the Indy1500 but had already blown my budget. Now there's another rifle to add to my wish list.

Anyone seen pictures? I'd like one in color case hardened please!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just love my 1894 in 44mag...it is a really fun "Boom-Boom" gun. A lever in .327 will be more of a "Pew-Pew" gun. Sounds like a lot of fun as a plinker, but not good for much more than that IMO.

Pew-pew huh?
    The .327 Federal magnum rivals the .357mag at short range.
    It actually outdoes the .38spl+P in muzzle velocity and ft/lbs of energy.
    The .327 Federal magnum can produce chamber pressures up to 45,000psi, and exceed 1500fps from a 3" barrel.
    According to Ballistics by the inch, the diminutive .327Fed/mag can exceed 2000fps from a 16" barrel.

It will never be a long range gun, or an elk/moose gun, but the property that I have to hunt deer on would be perfect for this little bugger.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Shoot. I may have to buy a Henry. Dammit Marlin! Wake up!

Over the course of the past 3 years, I've contacted every last lever action manufacturer I could think of requesting this exact rifle, a 16" carbine in .327 Federal magnum.
    Several companies I emailed and wrote letters.

Henry was the only company to respond, and they said, "...we have no plans to produce such a rifle at this time."

Discouraged, but not defeated, I went looking for a host rifle to be re-chambered to .327.
    The only ones I could find were out of my price range for the rifle itself, without considering the re-work costs.
    I had all but resolved myself to the idea that I was not going to find my lever action .327.

Now Henry throws me a curve-ball, but I'm ready!

I emailed Henry President Anthony Imperato 2 days ago to tell them thanks.
    I received a very nice reply yesterday telling me I was more than welcome, and thanked me for being a Henry customer.

I can hardly wait for March.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

If it's popular enough, maybe Winchester will jump on board and make an 1892 in .327 Fed. Mag.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is great. Thanks and I am gonna find it hard to wait until March to have one.

I would have already ordered one, but their website says the first one's (.327's) ship out beginning March.
    Hard or not, not much choice but to wait...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I heard Taurus is coming out with a pump action .327 fed mag.....

Alright, now where did you hear that?
    No, really, I'd love to know. The last Taurus pump rifle didn't do that well, and was discontinued.
    I think it was called the Timberwolf.

I wouldn't mind seeing a pump-action .327, but I'm not overly enthusiastic about it being a Taurus, and I own several Taurus handguns.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Pew-pew huh?
    The .327 Federal magnum rivals the .357mag at short range.
    It actually outdoes the .38spl+P in muzzle velocity and ft/lbs of energy.
    The .327 Federal magnum can produce chamber pressures up to 45,000psi, and exceed 1500fps from a 3" barrel.
    According to Ballistics by the inch, the diminutive .327Fed/mag can exceed 2000fps from a 16" barrel.

It will never be a long range gun, or an elk/moose gun, but the property that I have to hunt deer on would be perfect for this little bugger.

Maybe I'm telling you something that you already know, or maybe you live in a state that allows calibers in the .327 category, but rifles in this caliber aren't currently legal for deer in Indiana.
    Handguns yes, but not rifles.

Top Bottom