• ...and so much more!
  • Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    As always I won't believe it until I can have it in my grubby hands, but perhaps we're getting closer to a US made proper looking 9mm AK and a US made "saiga" like shotgun (??).

[video=youtube;dk5C_3vuDzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk5C_3vuDzA[/video]

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Did he say 'sega' shotgun? I thought they were Saiga? I'm pretty sure you can still find a saiga 12 for $800 or so from someone who had the novelty of a kalashnakov shotgun wear off.

And that 9mm at a grand also? A more expensive akm, that shoots less expensive ammo seems backwards. At least they may not be vaporware like all the SVD rifles have been over the years

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Did he say 'sega' shotgun? I thought they were Saiga? I'm pretty sure you can still find a saiga 12 for $800 or so from someone who had the novelty of a kalashnakov shotgun wear off.

And that 9mm at a grand also? A more expensive akm, that shoots less expensive ammo seems backwards. At least they may not be vaporware like all the SVD rifles have been over the years

These new ones are being manufactured here in the United States, by American workers.
    You're right though, 1k is on the spendy side for a 9mm carbine.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I will say that the SBR 9mm offering is a good looking piece, but it's $1,000 on an unproven manufacturer, as far as I have heard they are kalashnakov in name only, if somehow they had a handfull of Russian engineers or designers they have some extra credence

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I will say that the SBR 9mm offering is a good looking piece, but it's $1,000 on an unproven manufacturer, as far as I have heard they are kalashnakov in name only, if somehow they had a handfull of Russian engineers or designers they have some extra credence

$1000 for a 9mm AK is cheap, the AKX-9 is around $1600. Ill be purchasing one as soon as it hits the market along with the ATI MP40 pistol in 9mm.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Russian made Saiga 12s tend to go for over a grand now, not sure on the other guages

These new ones are being manufactured here in the United States, by American workers.
    You're right though, 1k is on the spendy side for a 9mm carbine.

A grand for a 9mm carbine isn't out of the question anymore. Sig MPX, CZ Scorpion, the HK copies, HK, etc.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Russian made Saiga 12s tend to go for over a grand now, not sure on the other guages

A grand for a 9mm carbine isn't out of the question anymore. Sig MPX, CZ Scorpion, the HK copies, HK, etc.

Guess I was thinking more along the lines of an Anderson or PSA home-build.
    Hoping I could come in well under 1k.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I won't be buying anything from that rip off company...... they had the same rifles at SHOT last year, and this year they are still prototypes. Granted, they seem to be production prototypes for the 9mm.

but that said I put them somewhere around IO until they prove otherwise...... and I'll still wait for a real 9mm AK based rifle from Saiga or Vepr first.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    That SBR is sexy! I really like it, however (and this is me whining), I wish it took a Glock mags or something. I'm so tired to buying mags for different stuff... That was a huge plus when building my 9mm AR.
    I hope these turn out well and prove reliable and well made.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    That SBR is sexy! I really like it, however (and this is me whining), I wish it took a Glock mags or something. I'm so tired to buying mags for different stuff... That was a huge plus when building my 9mm AR.
    I hope these turn out well and prove reliable and well made.

I would be happy if they used mp5 style mags, if it's a locking bolt system and not just blowback it is an interesting option.

count me slightly out of touch on the saiga 12 then, bought mine for $750 three years ago, shot it a handful of times, sold it when the novelty wore off, would rather feed the ithaca.

Top Bottom