• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    Bought a Noveske Chainsaw lower when they were on sale and just now getting around to putting it together. I haven't fully committed to an upper yet but was thinking I would go with a complete noveske upper. My question is I'm not super familiar with upgraded triggers but I am leaning that way. I have always used the trigger that came with the LPK (spikes enhanced, DD on my other 2 builds). Some one school me on Geissele, CMC, Timney, POF. HELP!!!!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm very happy with my RRA two stage triggers. Have not done a back to back comparison with my Geissele. But they are both quite nice in my opinion.
    No experience with the others you mentioned.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    For the money, as patience0830 said, the RRA two-stage match - for about a hundo - is money well spent. I own two of them and pretty happy with them. The Geissele, depending on model, is more than twice as much, but that's a darn fine trigger...rugged, reliable, breaks like glass.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    2 stage - Larue, Wilson, or Geissele
    Single Stage - Hiperfire, CMC, Geissele, Timney, Velocity, Elftmann, AR Gold, or Wilson

Take your pick. All of those are quality. Slight differences between each.

IMHO, no reason to go with a RRA at this point. The Larue is leagues ahead and about the same price if you use the "I can wait" option.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I got used to POF triggers so I think I'm up to 4 of them. They're great triggers, crisp with a very short reset.

But it depends if you want something like that or a 2 stage trigger that has a little "give" before the break

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I have a Hiperfire 24C in my build and love the thing. I don't ever intend on changing it out. Having had the Geiselle SD-C, the Hiperfire 24C blows it out of the water IMO.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Brownells has Geissele triggers that are exclusive to them for less money, I purchased one and I'm very happy with it and like I mentioned before it was less $ than the same trigger.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I have three SSA-Es, got them all on sale for $180 each, FANTASTIC trigger.

I do have two ALG ACTs inbound tomorrow and can't wait to compare it to the SSA-E. I know a single stage combat trigger, even an 'advanced' one, isn't in the same ballpark as the SSA-E but I'm looking forward to personally seeing the performance-to-dollar value comparison.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have three SSA-Es, got them all on sale for $180 each, FANTASTIC trigger.

I do have two ALG ACTs inbound tomorrow and can't wait to compare it to the SSA-E. I know a single stage combat trigger, even an 'advanced' one, isn't in the same ballpark as the SSA-E but I'm looking forward to personally seeing the performance-to-dollar value comparison.

I have also had three SSA-E's and currently have two on my "keeper" AR's. I just built two AR's to sell that have the ALG ACT trigger on them. I think they are very nice and quite possibly if I had not gotten sucked into the Geissele Kool-Aid, I would not need anything more than the ACT.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I have also had three SSA-E's and currently have two on my "keeper" AR's. I just built two AR's to sell that have the ALG ACT trigger on them. I think they are very nice and quite possibly if I had not gotten sucked into the Geissele Kool-Aid, I would not need anything more than the ACT.

My ACTs actually arrived around midday today, and I pulled the crappy FCG from my non-SSAE'd lower and put the ACT in.

The ACT definitely isn't an SSA-E...but it is about a million times better than a milspec trigger. I used the purple spring and the pull weight is very reasonable, with maybe just the tiniest bit of creep before breaking. It'll be a hell of a lot easier for my boys to use than the NYC-heavy milspec trigger.

I need to put some rounds downrange with it as I've become accustomed to a two-stage trigger with a very crisp break...but initial impression is VERY favorable.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The price tag is so low because it's just a polished up mil-spec trigger. Good triggers, no doubt. But definitely not as nice as the higher end options. You really do get what you pay for with triggers.

I didn't even look at ALG before this. That price tag is very tempting!!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Brownells periodically puts the G2S and G2S-E on sale; they are essentially the SSA and SSA-E in function with some differences (IIRC) in pin retention and amount of QC.

If I desired something above the ACT, I'd go G2S or wait for them or the SSA/SSA-E to go on sale (a few times each year they are 25-40% off MSRP).

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Brownells periodically puts the G2S and G2S-E on sale; they are essentially the SSA and SSA-E in function with some differences (IIRC) in pin retention and amount of QC.

If I desired something above the ACT, I'd go G2S or wait for them or the SSA/SSA-E to go on sale (a few times each year they are 25-40% off MSRP).

Like you, I wait until there is a good sale on them. I got one SSA-E for $164. The other's were around $180 like you I believe.

I haven't actually shot the ACT trigger yet, but I think I would continue to use the SSA-E for my "precision" AR and use an ACT for run and gun type stuff.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have CMCs on two of my rifles and love them. For super high end, I have an AR Gold trigger on a super accurate varmint AR that is fantastic.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I recently purchased an ACT trigger and now they come with two hammer springs, it is like a single stage trigger with a 4.5# pull. It sure beats the std factory trigger.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been happy with Rise Armament triggers. I have them in all of my AR's except for one that has a flat CMC. I was catching them on sale for 99 bucks back before Christmas. Regular price is around 120-125 or so. They're 3.5 lb pull, not adjustable.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I personally do not like Geissele Single Stages at all, the single stage design does not work in anything but a "Drop In" trigger that has had the geometry changed quite a bit. Here is a exceptional run down of AR Triggers and out of the "Drop In" units reviewed they threw a Geissele in the mix and it had its ass handed to it. My personal recommendation is the Eltfman Tactical ELF Trigger it is the same price as a Geissele Super 3-Gun only difference is the ELF does in fact break like a good 1911.

The AR-15 Drop-In Trigger Roundup - The Truth About Guns

http://shop.tactical****.com/elf-tactical-match-trigger-curved

Also compared to other units on the market CMC is total garbage

:flamethrower:

Top Bottom