• Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Point Blank had KSGs on sale for $550.

I want to save everyone time. The Northside location was already out by the time I got there, 10 minutes before they opened this morning. A giant waste of time.

I imagine the south side is the same.

Save yourself a trip.

Last edited:

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    They claim they had ten available at each location. Evidently they did not have them available for public purchase if they were sold out ten minutes before they opened. I was considering getting both that and a Sig P938 they had on sale, but I walked out with neither even though they still had Sigs. I don't appreciate those kinds of games.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Point Blank had KSGs on sale for $550.

I want to save everyone time. The Northside location was already out by the time I got there, 10 minutes before they opened this morning. A giant waste of time.

I imagine the south side is the same.

Save yourself a trip.

Got you in the door!

(It pissed you off but it got you in the door..... once.... kind of bad sales advice from the advertising department, they might want to rethink this in the future.)

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Apparently, they were handing out contradictory information, since I heard numbers of 8, 4, and 5, with 5 apparently being the magic number.

As to getting me in the door, that's not quite true. They got me to the door, at which point I found out that I was number 6 for 5 total KSGs, so I left. Range wasn't even officially open yet.

I guess I should have probably known better. They were clearly playing the same "door buster prices" game that the big box stores do during Black Friday. Offer a big screen tv for $100, but then only have a couple of them in the store and let the masses fight over them... and hopefully buy other stuff too. Normally, I don't bother with that kind of nonsense, but I got suckered in today.

Oh well. I had been planning on buying one of the new Mossberg 590 Shockwave "firearm" guns (14" barrel, overall length of 26"). Then this popped up. So, I guess I'm back to my original Plan A and waiting for the Mossy.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I guess I should have probably known better. They were clearly playing the same "door buster prices" game that the big box stores do during Black Friday. Offer a big screen tv for $100, but then only have a couple of them in the store and let the masses fight over them... and hopefully buy other stuff too. Normally, I don't bother with that kind of nonsense, but I got suckered in today.

They are a big box store. They don't have very many gun people who work for them and are definitely lacking in the knowledge department. They do have a very nice selection and good prices but I'll stick to other LGS such as Indy Trading Post, Elmores, Beech Grove Firearms, and Plainfield Shooting Supply

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have to wonder if they were snagged up by employees. I work next door and pop in frequently. I recall 4 on the display wall last time in there. I'm jonesing for a burnt bronze one myself.

Orgcrsh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    I asked that question. And no employees were not able to buy them. I was told they put the ones that were on the wall in the back to prepare for the sale.

Top Bottom