• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    So back story, being a gunsmith I come across a lot if interesting things, when one of my customers brought me a barreled action, for a 33/40 I'm kind of stumped trying to find a stock and hardware for it. Does anyone know where there is one for sale? I've tracked down all my usual leads and places to look, and it seems these are pretty hard to come by.

Thanks in advance

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    Yeah that's the problem, I even checked eBay, and those were $270 on up. I figured these would be a lot more common due to them being cut and sporterized after the war.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Yeah that's the problem, I even checked eBay, and those were $270 on up. I figured these would be a lot more common due to them being cut and sporterized after the war.

A good stock would be more rare because of this.. The Spirits of barrels & receivers of sportorized g 33/40s walk the earth at night looking for a good stock to inhabit. If you look on Gunbroker you can get receivers w/barrels & trigger groups for less than good stocks..

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    thats very true, I figured I'd never even come across one of these let alone purchase it. Maybe I will unfortunately bite the bullet and get one of these stocks. It just never feels right paying more for a stock than I did for the whole rest of the gun haha

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    thats very true, I figured I'd never even come across one of these let alone purchase it. Maybe I will unfortunately bite the bullet and get one of these stocks. It just never feels right paying more for a stock than I did for the whole rest of the gun haha

Yea, it's one of those "buy and cry" moments. But.... there's a lot of satisfaction just handling one of the few left on the earth.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    No I won't be able to make it to the show this weekend. I am interested, however I can't message you back on here due to the fact I don't have 50 posts.

Top Bottom