• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I'm looking at drop in quad rails. Best option I've seen so far is Midwest.

mi_4-tfb.jpg

Currently have KAC. While it's acceptable I'm looking for something a bit more solid. Before anyone asks, free float is 100% out of the question. Has to be drop in. I know most people run free float, but seeing if anyone has drop in input.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Midwest is a great rail. I personally before a little lighter weight and would probably just go with something like the magpul MOE with some rail sections for light/grip

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I ran a Troy drop in for awhile on an M4. Very nice rail, drop in installation, then tighten 4 screws on the back of the rail by the delta ring.
    At the time it was $120, may be cheaper these days.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Troy or Daniel defense. The knights is what we used in the army and then we started using other things. But the knights were always loose on the bottom with a grip.
    The top is tightened down against the barrel but with a screw lever system.

i didn't mention Midwest because I have never used their drop in rails. I have used their free float rails and they are
    good however I do not like how you have to install them flush with the top receiver rail by tightening or loosening the barrel nut. If you've installed one you know what I mean lol. I Think it's alittle skill and a lot of luck

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Kac is my go to now. I have a vltor casv as well, kick ass rail, but yes due to the rriser you need to be careful with the optic and riser to use irons. Just need an SAS/canadian version of the RAS that locks in top and bottom, have one on my lightweight M4 ;)

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    VLTOR is out. That weird ass top rail is a no go. I see that Troy and Daniel Defense both use screws. I'm sure that makes the quite a bit more solid. Anyone with a Midwest have any rattle or movement at all? The KAC moves around quite a bit, main reason why im
    Looking for something else.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have 2x KAC M4 RAS rails and there is zero wobble in both of them. Might be an issue with the barrel nut since all barrel nuts are not the same. I ran into a wonky barrel nut on my first AR(Stag) before I really paid attention to the quality in parts. They also make a RAS II Free Float rail:RAS II SHOT SHOW SPECIAL (2004) BLACK

The DD Omega rails are also rock solid and gives you a free float capability:Daniel Defense Omega Rail Carbine Free Float

Both of these require ZERO modification to the rifle.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm a fan of the Knights RAS(having deployed with it several times), but also have a VTAC Alpha that I realz luv! But, the MRP's get the most air time out odpf the safe, and I don't have a choice in that.

ETA:My RAS's have all been rock solid, but it's been a few years since I muzzle bumped a *****?

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Daniel Defense omega is free float and works great. I have one on my duty rifle and never had the first problem.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    A friend of mine has the Midwest drop in rail on his AR. He seems to like it really well. I've shot with his rifle and it seems to be a very solid piece. It almost made me think about getting one.

Top Bottom