• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    My wife got me a Springfield Armory SOCOM II 308.

I have an aimpoint on it right now but even wihtout the riser it sits kind of high for my liking. Any solutions for this?

Anybody know a good optic for this that allows for the forward mounting position? I know nothing about scout optics since I have predominantly AR style rifles.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I used a Nikon Handgun scope on mine. Worked out fairly well. If I remember right it was a 2X

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I've tried a few different solutions. Nothing worked without altering comb height. I just ditched the idea in the end. I've shopped hard at Sadlak, Smith, you name it. Nothing really worked for a reflex type optic

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I did not try that one or anything very similar, I guess. It seems to be roughly the same height as the factory installed rail on the barrel. I don't see a gain right off. But, that never stopped me from spending a buck before. I also gave the troy battle chassis a go. It was heavy, bulky, and just didn't seem to me to be a solid solution. So, I bought a standard M1A and the scout and they're all basically stock configuration now and I couldn't be happier with them.

I took my SOCOM to a carbine class and had a wonderful time with the irons.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I would replace the factory scout mount with an Ultimak, it sits much lower to the gun. Put an Aimpoint Micro on top with a low mount (LRP, Bobro, or Arms #31 are good to go, Larue and AD sit too high), and your in business.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Not many companies make a scout scope because not many people like them. Vortex makes a scout scope, but I dont carry it. Scout scopes take a very versatile, platorm, and limit it which is the exact opposite of what an optic is ment to do.

If you want o stick with the scout style mounting, limit your research to red dot's. If your willing to get a Sadalak/Basset mount then you can look into 1-4's/1-6's.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i got the vortex scope and leupold quick release rings. I returned the rings though leupold websitge said it would work for my scope but didnt. I returned and ordered the medium rings. Hopefully those work. Eye relief seems ok and I want quick release so i can remove the scope and use the rings.

Top Bottom