• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    It's been a few months since I picked this guy up and I realized I need to get Allen some recognition.

I had wanted to have my AK worked on for quite a while. I decided I wanted to do away with the gas block and front sight block, and go with a FSB and Gas Block in one. I wanted the barrel cut down to where I could have the brake pinned to just over legal limit. The point was to lighten and shorten the front end of this guy since there is not a ton of weight on the rear end of it.

I decided on the Venom Gas Block/Sight Combo, and I wanted the Surefire ProComp brake on the tip. The Surefire ProComp 5.56 fit exactly on the barrel, so I had Allen bore it out to accept the 7.62. Also decided to have it cerekoted in a flat black.

I took it up to Allen and it didn't take but a few days to have it finished.

If you ever have any AK that needs work, take it on over to Avon, Allen will fix you right up. Once my stamp hits, he will be cutting down my 104.

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    very nice! I really like the looks of the FSB/gas block combos and the I hear that the little bit of weight shift makes quite a bit of difference. I have heard good things about Allen's work.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    That looks great. I have the same rifle and have thought about the same setup. I bet it handles nice with the weight off the front. What recoil pad is that? I ordered one similar from Legion. Did you have to drill the stock for it to fit?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    very nice! I really like the looks of the FSB/gas block combos and the I hear that the little bit of weight shift makes quite a bit of difference. I have heard good things about Allen's work.

The weight shift makes all the difference, it balances it so much better, the brake cuts down on the rise well. She will bark. Allen is an AK Jedi Master.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    That looks great. I have the same rifle and have thought about the same setup. I bet it handles nice with the weight off the front. What recoil pad is that? I ordered one similar from Legion. Did you have to drill the stock for it to fit?

Looks like the pad you ordered is the same one. I ordered this one from a Russian surplus sight a year or two ago, the machine screws are a PITA to use, you will end up buying longer screws and go ahead and get some lock nuts to keep it all secured. It really keeps the hard end from beating you to death and the longer length helps my larger frame.

Top Bottom