• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was enjoying the nice weather today at the range. Another member showed up and showed me a rifle he inherited from his grandfather. I've never seen one like it before. It was a heavy barreled, bolt action .22lr. The bolt was different. It was spring loaded, like a semi auto. The rear sights were marked in 25 meter intervals, up to 200 meters.

He invited me to shoot it, which I took him up on. It shot very well.

He didn't know the model of it either. But he did have a story about his grandpa being shot at with this particular gun, but there is no way to verify it. He kinda wondered the value of it.

I told him I'd take a few pics and post it on here for some more info. I also invited him to browse INGO and consider becoming a member. He said he would look into it.

As soon as photobucket is back up and running, I'll post the pictures. Here is a stock photo for now.

What do you know about this rifle?

002_walther_22_model-2_right.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ok. I just found this video of the rifle. It's a semi auto AND bolt action. Wish I had known that earlier.

[video=youtube_share;KNQsb1509CY]http://youtu.be/KNQsb1509CY[/video]

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Wow I just looked on GunBroker and those things are spendy. Sure is a cool gun though. They are asking 1750-2250ish for one but don't know if they bring that or just wishful thinking. You never know what you are gonna see at the range.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Wow I just looked on GunBroker and those things are spendy. Sure is a cool gun though. They are asking 1750-2250ish for one but don't know if they bring that or just wishful thinking. You never know what you are gonna see at the range.

Wow. I was thinking $600 or so. This specimen was probably about 75%. Barrel had some rust and the wood wasn't in perfect shape. I really wish I had known about the semi-auto feature when I was there. Maybe I'll run into him again or maybe he'll pop up here.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I checked completed auctions and only found one that had actually sold, and it went for $610, but that may be due to the description. It only said it was a straight pull bolt action and didn't mention the semi-auto feature (guessing the seller didn't really know what he had). Very cool rifle! I'd never heard of this one before.

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    My father in law has one. I have shot it extensively and it is in near perfect condition. The magazines sell for $200 dollars when they can even be found. It is an interesting piece of history and yes as you have found is a bolt action semi auto. I shot the gun a few years ago in friendship, Indiana at a .22 shoot every one went nuts over it.

Value for one in 75% is probably in the 800-1000 dollar range.

Top Bottom