• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Seen one of these and just had to give one a try. This one is in 6mmBR so hopefully will be able to get some nice groups with it. I'm really liking the idea of the right bolt left port after messing with it a little bit today. Makes manipulating the bolt and reloading so much a nicer operation when at the bench...

12_LRPV.jpg

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Love the idea or a LRPV. But they are either 1) expensive or 2) 6BR.

I don't like my options.

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    I own a 12 LRP, its the most impressive out of the box gun I've ever seen. Shoots .5 moa at 300 yards. FAR more accurate than I can be. Hope you have the same kind of luck. I want a range report/

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    They also have .223 and .22-250
    Oh, I knew that. But the only deals I've seen have been in 6BR.

I've seen the others, but all north of $1k and nearly MSRP. It appears that they are not a well-kept secret as far as how amazing out of the box they are.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I own a 12 LRP, its the most impressive out of the box gun I've ever seen. Shoots .5 moa at 300 yards. FAR more accurate than I can be. Hope you have the same kind of luck. I want a range report/

Definitely, hopefully will be able to get out this week and see how it does with some factory loads to get a baseline.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I have one in .223 with a 1:9 barrel. It is not at all picky about bullet weight and has accounted for a large number of prairie dogs. The right bolt/left port is very handy for a bench gun. Wish I had another in .204 but the MSRP has increased dramatically since I bought it right after they came out. Of course it shoots very well right out of the box. It's a Savage!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Got it out today for its first few shots, this was a 5 shot group at 110yrds using factory loaded Lapua 105gr ammo. Not a bad group, but not great either hopefully something to improve upon. This was however far better than the last Savage 6BR would do, so I think at least its a step in the right direction...

LRPV_group_1.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Finally got the initial review video of it on the channel, Hope to get the next part within the next few weeks showing some handload work up..

[video=youtube;nCUU34AYJ38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCUU34AYJ38[/video]

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Managed to get the LRPV out back for some initial load development a week or so ago and got some very nice results. Looks like I'm going to settle on 107gr SMKs over Varget powder. This is officially the smallest 3 shot group I've ever shot, still brings a smile on my face looking at it lol.

This was 3 shots at 110yrds shooting from a bipod and rear bag.

LRPV_GRP_1.jpg

Top Bottom