• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Well I finally made my mind up and brought home a Bushmaster AR15-M4 it has the flat top reciever with removable carry handle, 16" heavy barrel,6 position stock. I had been contemplating a DPMS Sporticle but the no dust cover was what finally knocked it out of the running. I do a lot of offroading with no top or doors and the dust would have been a killer with no cover. I had intended to go with a EoTech but with the added cost of the Bushy over the Sporticle I had to get something with iron sights for now. But with the removable carry handle with the A2 sights this will be a very workable until I get the $$$ for the EoTech. I got it at Daves Gun Shop in Holland where I buy most all of my guns.
    I brought it home cleaned the bore and chamber and then zeroed in 12 shots. Then put another 100 rounds through it at 50 yards and less. May go to Sugar Ridge today for some longer range shooting today.I will be going through the Appleseed class next weekend Redbrush and plan to put it through its paces then.
    Here are a couple pics.
    100_0217.jpg

100_0218.jpg

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Yes it is a M4 barrel sorry, thanks for the clarification. I was thinking of heavier than the barrel on the Sportical. I am still new at this AR terminology.
    I did take and stake the castle nut on the rear buffer tube and the bolts on the bolt carrier.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Huh? He said it is an M4 (and as you wrote, it sure looks like an M4 barrel profile) but I don't see anything in his post to indicate a 'heavy' barrel. Did I miss something? :dunno:

Well I finally made my mind up and brought home a Bushmaster AR15-M4 it has the flat top reciever with removable carry handle, 16" heavy barrel,6 position stock.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Just spoke with John at Daves and it seems as though I won the grand prize yesterday at the open house. I won a RCBS Master reloading kit or a $250 gift card.:thumbsup: Decisions decisions....

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Congratulations on the new AR. And congrats on winning the prize at Dave's. That gift card would take a big chunk off the price of that EOTech!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Congrats! I think you made the right choice. The Sportical has a lighter contour barrel than the M4, and the bore is not chrome-lined. In addition to having no dustcover, the Sportical also has no forward assist (I've never used mine) or iron sights (meaning you immediately need to buy flip-ups or mount an optic). The Sportical's upper receiver is made from an extrusion, which IMO is less desirable than a regular forged upper. Finally, the Sportical comes with the "Pardus" stock, which I find less comfortable than the regular M4 stock due to its "dished" buttplate.

My $.02.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Well I finally made my mind up and brought home a Bushmaster AR15-M4 it has the flat top reciever with removable carry handle, 16" heavy barrel,6 position stock. I had been contemplating a DPMS Sporticle but the no dust cover was what finally knocked it out of the running. I do a lot of offroading with no top or doors and the dust would have been a killer with no cover. I had intended to go with a EoTech but with the added cost of the Bushy over the Sporticle I had to get something with iron sights for now. But with the removable carry handle with the A2 sights this will be a very workable until I get the $$$ for the EoTech. I got it at Daves Gun Shop in Holland where I buy most all of my guns.
    I brought it home cleaned the bore and chamber and then zeroed in 12 shots. Then put another 100 rounds through it at 50 yards and less. May go to Sugar Ridge today for some longer range shooting today.I will be going through the Appleseed class next weekend Redbrush and plan to put it through its paces then.
    Here are a couple pics.
    100_0217.jpg

100_0218.jpg
    Yeah, we all start someplace. Like he said it seemed heavier that the sporty barrel he was looking at.

BOY! I really gotta start reading ALL of the thread BEFORE posting to it. :wallbash:

Last edited:

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I picked up a used like new Aimpoint CompM2 to go on it yesterday with the gift card. I haven't mounted it yet and probably won't until I get through the Appleseed course this weekend.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I picked up a used like new Aimpoint CompM2 to go on it yesterday with the gift card. I haven't mounted it yet and probably won't until I get through the Appleseed course this weekend.
    Not too shabby. Let us know how it shoots, when you get the chance.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Neocon,

Great looking new rifle! Try the Appleseed without a scope this weekend if at all possible. I just double checked the Aimpoint website and your dot is 4 MOA. Which means it will probably obscure a goodly portion of your target.

Also, if you get achance throw a USGI web sling on her. If you don't have / can't get one I can loan you one for the weekend.

hawkhavn

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    If you're going to have it in the dust like you mentioned, I'd eventually pick up some Mili-Tech and learn how to use it.

Just my 2 bits,
    Mark

heartless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    sweet!! i want one!...lol one day ill be a member of the black rifle club! just joind the ak club a week ago! love it! hope you truly have a blast getting to know your new rifle.

Top Bottom