• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a Gamo Shadow 1000 with a BSA 2-7X scope. Last year I eliminated a few dozen starlings, half a dozen ground squirrels, 3 bunnies (sorry, can't eat them in the summer), 3 squirrels (in season, did eat them.)

Any other air rifle hunters out there?

MattDIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    All the time

Went squirrel hunting 2 years ago with air rifles only. Most of my farm pest control is performed with air rifles. The starlings have become wary though so lately I have been using the HM2.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    How much do you have to spend to get a good quality air rifle for hunting? I've heard that the .22 seems to be the best. Slower, but retains more power for a humane kill.

How loud are the typical spring pistol rifles when firing?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How much do you have to spend to get a good quality air rifle for hunting? I've heard that the .22 seems to be the best. Slower, but retains more power for a humane kill.

How loud are the typical spring pistol rifles when firing?

My Gammo Shadow 1000 was $125. It's a fairly cheap rifle. After optics, mounts, aftermarket trigger and muzzle break I have just under $300 in it.

It is pretty quiet until you bump up over 1100 FPS with the super light weight pellets. Then there is the supersonic "crack."

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have a modified Beeman C1 in .177 that I use as a varmit gun at the house--ghostring sights, sling, trigger job, internal slick, etc.

The chipmunks USED to run along my flagstone walls.:lmfao:

It's great for rabbits, starlings and even a couple of crows (head shots only).

If the Lafayette Police Department is reading this, I am referencing my house OUTside the city limits.:lmfao:

Top Bottom