• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bocephus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    During the flooding here in Johnson County, I was pretty fortunate to not be totally under water. I did have one area get flooded and in that area was one of my collector guns. Its a Marlin Mod. 39A Golden lever action .22 that had never been fired. The gun was in a gun case but got completely drenched. To look at it you would think it was destroyed, rust covered and swelled wood. I have taken about 95% of the blueing and rust off and the wood has shrunk back down to normal. To my surprise the gun is not in bad shape (concidering). Do any of you know of anyone I can send this to, to reblue? I dont want to do a cold blue on it. I want it restored back to its original condition if possible.

If anyone here knows somebody that restores guns, please let me know. I live in Franklin Indiana.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I would contact Marlin's customer service department and explain what happened, and see what kind of deal they would give you on a factory reblue job. Just remember to mention the wood damage, and if you want to keep the origional, see if you need to remove it before sending it in.

wolfman

Top Bottom