• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have a WWII Winchester mod 12 12 gage trench gun matching numbers arsenal marked has the flaming bomb from WWII what is it worth? anybody have a gun price guide and can look this up for me it would be greatly appreciated, Thank you for your time in advance!:)

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Cabelas has one for sale in their gun library for near $5k. but as far as real value? Id say half that. I have only seen a couple for sale and both where around the 2k range and both where manufactured in 44. Ive also seen quit a few that where questionable..the stamps looked a bit "off" to me and the prices where to good to be true.
    I have wanted one since I was kid...just never had the funds to purchase one when I came across one. Ill take Cwoods bid and add an extra 0 and give ya $500 cash:dunno::D

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Asking for a value on a collectible firearm on this forum is like asking a vulture if a corpse looks good to eat. Everyones looking to get a free meal.:D

I'd say look on more specific forums to the weapon. I personally would never sell such a weapon, items like that are heirloom to be passed to trusted family or friends. Just my :twocents:. Good luck!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Yeah I would not sell it ether, but it is not mine it belongs to my brother and he wants me to sell it for him, I know for a fact that it will be worth over a grand in value it has some pitting but a real nice even patina it is 100% on the function side nice and tight I would go out and shoot it anytime it is a very solid gun, wood is nice and not all beat up, A great gun and If I had the money I would keep it myself!!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    If he really wants to sell it his best bet will be an auction...guns like that dont show up all the time and when they do people go nuts over them. I have a buddy that collects WW2 weapons and he said he was bidding on a model 12 at a local auction and he said the gun went for WAY more than it should have considering its condition.
    also...just to be clear,my offer of $500 was in jest;) if I had the money I would offer $2k plus depending on its operating and visual condition.
    just a bit of advise....there are A LOT of fake model 12 trench guns floating around so it may be a good idea to have your brother get the gun authenticated...someone who knows what they are doing can do this just by looking at photos. Id hate to see him unknowingly sell a fake trench gun to an eager bidder and then have to deal with the hassle later once it was found to be a fake.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I have seen them sell as low as $250 recently but that is rare, also I see more guns sell than most folks, any way up to $2000 depending on condition!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    If he really wants to sell it his best bet will be an auction...guns like that dont show up all the time and when they do people go nuts over them. I have a buddy that collects WW2 weapons and he said he was bidding on a model 12 at a local auction and he said the gun went for WAY more than it should have considering its condition.
    also...just to be clear,my offer of $500 was in jest;) if I had the money I would offer $2k plus depending on its operating and visual condition.
    just a bit of advise....there are A LOT of fake model 12 trench guns floating around so it may be a good idea to have your brother get the gun authenticated...someone who knows what they are doing can do this just by looking at photos. Id hate to see him unknowingly sell a fake trench gun to an eager bidder and then have to deal with the hassle later once it was found to be a fake.

No it is the real thing!!I use to collect WWII stuff for years plus I know the guy he bought it from he is an old vet from the Korean war he has owned well over 20 years been to his place and seen it there many times, My brother was in the right place at the right time he is parting with his Military collection and he picked it up, good thing is I get to go over there tomorrow and see what else he is wanting to part with!! :D

Top Bottom