• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    A friend of mine brought over a JC Higgins 22 rifle for me to clean. He's not familiar with guns so he brought it to me for a once over. I have never seen one before and I thought it was kinda cool, I liked the stock. Are these accurate? It had the original scope on it as well. Don't know anything about these and whenever I see a new gun I have to research them. It's just that curiosity thing!!!

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    I don't have any experience with the model 30. I have a 103.229 that was a Marlin 81 made for Sears and a model 88 revolver that was made by High Standard. Both guns are very accurate and durable. The stock on the rifle and the grip on the revolver are some of the most comfortable I have held.
    IMO, JC Higgins are the most undervalued old guns on the market. Most can be found for significantly less than their manufacturers counterpart. Yet from what I have read (will let you know if I remember where), Sears contracts demanded that manufacturers use parts that were equal to and in many cases superior to the manufacturers own models. High Standard had to go through so many design changes because of their obligations to Sears contracts that they almost went out of business.

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    They are very accurate little guns. I have an old model 31, which I believe only difference is that the 30 had the charging lever on the left of the receiver whereas the 31 it is on the right. Mine has the retractable sling in the stock but I am not sure if the 30 did as well. I also have the original scope on mine but the dovetail on the receiver is narrower than the typical 3/8" and is hard to get a different scope to fit. They also will take any 22 ammo, longs, shorts, whatever in an combination in the tube.

You will likely get a chance to see mine at the Winamac range one of these days since my lovely & darling wife & I have been out there the past few weekends shooting

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    They are very accurate little guns. I have an old model 31, which I believe only difference is that the 30 had the charging lever on the left of the receiver whereas the 31 it is on the right. Mine has the retractable sling in the stock but I am not sure if the 30 did as well. I also have the original scope on mine but the dovetail on the receiver is narrower than the typical 3/8" and is hard to get a different scope to fit. They also will take any 22 ammo, longs, shorts, whatever in an combination in the tube.

You will likely get a chance to see mine at the Winamac range one of these days since my lovely & darling wife & I have been out there the past few weekends shooting
    Let me know the next time you go, I'd like to meet you there.

zekedageek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Bloomington
    I just got one of these passed down from my father

It was my Fathers's Father's then my father's and now it's mine.. Hadn't been fired in over 30 years.. took it out, cleaned it, and stared in on quarter sized groups at 25yards right away. The spring for the retractable sling broke sometime over the years, oh well.

Top Bottom