Shotgun Forend Strap?

I'm not certain what they are called and haven't seen one for years but I'm looking for the small strap that mounts to the forend of a pump shotgun that allows you to rapid fire w/o your hand slipping off. I see them every now and then in pictures of combat/police style shotguns but never see them described or advertised. I was thinking of attempting to make my own but I'd rather find a nice on purpose built.

I've only seen them included on replacement forgrips. Never seen a kit. But I'd just get 2 wood screws and some nylon strappage.
    "Let your life be your dream, integrity, honesty" -Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Bendrx View Post
    I've only seen them included on replacement forgrips. Never seen a kit. But I'd just get 2 wood screws and some nylon strappage.
    I've thought about that. where did you find the replacement forends with them? I can't even find those.

Give me a bit to look, I replaced my Mossy 500 stock several months ago. Are you looking for a 870 or 500 (or other brand)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bendrx View Post
    Give me a bit to look, I replaced my Mossy 500 stock several months ago. Are you looking for a 870 or 500 (or other brand)?
    Mainly my 870 but I have a couple military Ithica 37/87s too.

I was pretty sure I'd seen a Blackhawk forend strap for the Mossys....but can't find that now. I did come across this strap kit. I don't know the quality as I just found it but:

Mossberg 500 590 835 Pump Shotgun Forearm Forend Straps - eBay (item 320537054714 end time Jun-21-10 14:20:02 PDT)

It's for a 500, didn't see anything for the 870s or Ithicas. I would assume if there is a solid place to mount it would work for just about any.
    Last edited by Bendrx; 06-03-2010 at 13:58.