• Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    No, I thought about that, but would rather keep it clean.

I'm going to be playing around with making a tool, but it'll basically be a small piece of vacuum hose that slips over the sight.

Just back off the set screw and run it up or down. Windage is still by the drift method.

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    OK, folks, I need two people to send me front sights (I've not built up a stock of them yet). The cheapest I've found thus far are $15 apiece, when they used to be $5 apiece, but I want to make them affordable to purchase, as well.

What would such a sight be worth to you? I would need to turn a small profit per sight but am not looking to get rich (though it would be nice if that were to happen! Ha!) I am the type of person who thinks Mojo sights are overpriced (though they are good).

I will do two of them in return for nothing more than writeups and reviews.

First two people to PM me with "I Have Sacrificial Sight" in the title get them made on their front sights. I will have separate prices for a provided front sight and one provided by me once I have some stock, but for now I need two volunteers with front sights! :D

Thanks,

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    OK, folks, I have three offers.

These people are jason867, papasmurf, and Sewerdude.

I see no reason I can't do three; a third writeup would break a tie and give me more feedback.

Please include a note with the last four digits of your MN's ORIGINAL serial number, and tag your sight with it. This help me keep the right sights for the right rifles, and you'll not be exposing your American serial number at all (by the importer mark).

Send to

Josh Smith
    381 East 50 North
    Wabash IN 46992

I have a few extra pins made up already, so that part's done. However, I still figure one per night, and so please allow a week to a week-point-five for turnaround as I'd like to mail these back all at once (save multiple trips to the post office!)

Thanks,

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Mr. Smitty,

Windage is by drift adjustment. The whole thing is designed to be as robust as the original sight, and windage would take away from that strength unless I could do something like is done with SKS sights, but that would add lots of time and expense.

I was honestly thinking about fitting an SKS sight to the MN when I came up with this. Honestly, I like this better as I have more control of more variables.

I do not know how much I'll charge, honestly.

PM inbound.

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Folks,

How much would this be worth to you?

If I supplied the sight?

If I modified a sight supplied by you?

Thanks,

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Yeah, no biggie. I'll just write down the last four and shred the full serial number.

I'm not really worried about it either; just nobody's business if you have serial number AU123456 or whatever, you know?

To me, serial numbers are like money, social security cards, and number of guns. You don't ask how much, what, or how many, mainly 'cause it's not polite.

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Gents:

I am ready to start taking orders.

I can take orders NOW for adjustable sights built on your sight. The price for this is $25.

I can start taking orders NEXT WEDNESDAY (March 30th) for sights provided by me. This will be limited at first as I will only have four sights with which to work. The price for each of these will be $40.

The standard post will be a truncated cone.

I will do custom pins as well. If you want a different shape, please specify. I will provide extra pins upon request. Each additional pin will be $5.

If you are ordering work done on your provided sight, please include the last four digits of the rifle's RUSSIAN serial number so that I can tag it and make sure it gets back to the correct rifle.

Each pin will include an adjustment tool, which will just basically be a piece of small rubber hose to keep from marring the sight.

This is a limited first run.

Thank you,

Josh

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Gents:

I am ready to start taking orders.

I can take orders NOW for adjustable sights built on your sight. The price for this is $25.

I can start taking orders NEXT WEDNESDAY (March 30th) for sights provided by me. This will be limited at first as I will only have four sights with which to work. The price for each of these will be $40.

The standard post will be a truncated cone.

I will do custom pins as well. If you want a different shape, please specify. I will provide extra pins upon request. Each additional pin will be $5.

If you are ordering work done on your provided sight, please include the last four digits of the rifle's RUSSIAN serial number so that I can tag it and make sure it gets back to the correct rifle.

Each pin will include an adjustment tool, which will just basically be a piece of small rubber hose to keep from marring the sight.

This is a limited first run.

Thank you,

Josh

You should probably contact Esrice I believe he is INGOs Advertising guy, looks like a business ad. Would not be fair other business pay to advertise and you are doing so for free.

Just my :twocents:..

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Right, I have a question to that effect down yonder in "sight help."

Thanks, Andre.

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Update: One of the two I received was totally buggered for the process as I had it set up.

So...

I solved the problem and created a variation on the original method. It is much better than before!

W00T! :D

Josh

Top Bottom