I'd like to welcome

Imprimis5
    Slab
    GetA2J
    Zephri
    Danielocean03
    Bhriindan82
    (and myself, of course)

to the INGO Brotherhood of the Fireball.

On December 13, 2008, we assembled at Hamilton County Fish and Game to enjoy a few hours exercising our Mosin Nagants. We began the day with the traditional INGO Sharing of the Bacon. After much Mosin noise, we broke for awhile to enjoy a small cookout of hotdogs, grilled sausage, sodas and homemade apple cobbler. We then returned to the range to finish out the afternoon. We had some fine weather and occasionally some of us even hit the targets! :):

A small selection of the torpedo launchers at the event
    168d35h.jpg

GetA2J shows the paper groundhogs who's boss
    20a8aja.jpg

It's BOOOM! or nothing. "pop" is not in Slab's vocabulary
    15y89ck.jpg

It's not enough that Bhriindan82 was late, but he has to shoot lefty, too!
    2d7x4yg.jpg

Danielocean03 gets inducted into the Brotherhood of the Fireball
    v2wg00.jpg

Slab explores the shockwave (and ditch-digging ability) of 7.62x54R ammo
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIqvgs8hBLY"]YouTube - Shockwave[/ame]

Danielocean03 learns that some of his Bulgarian ammo is of dubious quality (NSFW language)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBTPHKHc6HQ"]YouTube - Dubious Ammo[/ame]

December 2008 Inaugural Class
    INGO Brotherhood of the Fireball
    1431bhf.jpg

Thanks to everyone who participated! I'm looking forward to the next outing. Hopefully we'll have some snow and hopefully I can get the club to build an "Enemy at the Gates" style partially-destroyed fountain to shoot from. :):

:patriot:

Last edited:

Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    Brotherhood of the Fireball, Sore Shoulders chapter? If you look in the other thread, there's at least 3 of us who "had a blast"...kinda telling, don't you think?

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Looks like it was fun, turns out my saturday event got canceled but I didn't find out until this morning, glad you all had fun.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    My thanks goes out to everyone for the warm welcomings and the great time had by all. I had a great time and I look forward to future outings. Scutter01, thanks for hosting the event, I look forward to joining the HCFG, I really enjoyed the range.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Those beautiful Mosins are more than torpedo launchers! It's entirely possible that much of the nuclear testing we thought the Soviets were performing in the 50s and 60s may actually have been recruits at the range with Mosins.

Of course I joke, but no one can deny that the Mosin Nagants (especially the carbines) are absolute blowtorches with a pull of the trigger.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    Thanks for the great event. We should do it again when its WARMER. It was a great deal of fun and now i need to find a 44. I wonder how something like that would do for a trunk "cannon"?

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    If you check out where we are standing he is on the higest point as well as being an ogre. so yes, he is 8 feet tall

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    On behalf of my son, imprimis5, who hasn't stopped talking about yesterdays's shoot:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmofVSs72_Q]YouTube - Mosin Shoot 2008[/ame]

babolat69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Hope to be able to make the next one. My 91/30 works great but will have to clean the M44 beforehand. It will also give me a chance to use my Russian winter hat...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Since there already seems like a bit of interest, perhaps I'll plan another one for January. Next couple of weeks are far too busy, unfortunately.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Since there already seems like a bit of interest, perhaps I'll plan another one for January. Next couple of weeks are far too busy, unfortunately.

This is the most I have ever seen you out in cold weather. Especially if you didn't HAVE to be..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is the most I have ever seen you out in cold weather. Especially if you didn't HAVE to be..

Cold weather and I have this understanding. I'll stay out of it and that's pretty much it.

However, it's the lure of the Mosin.... ;)

You coming to the next one?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom