• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    There are two things that will jam an Ak from my "hands on" experience. First is of course packing grease. Thats right. When you first get you shinny new AK it has to be cleaned! Who'd of thought. Second way is the one that stumped me for a while. My AK is the YugoM70a2 model with grenade launcher site. After firing the weapon for the first time, after about a 100 shots i noticed a little nut coming loose on the gas block section. I hand tighten it back down of course. Then the weapon started jamming because the bolt was not getting charged all the way back. Thinking there was a million other problems, i cleaned everything, bought every type of ammo i could get my hands on, consulted a Vietnam vet who was a green beret...did everything i could to no avail. Finally i started trying to put goo gone down the gas block thinking something was in there. (i didnt have a pipe cleaner) Then i noticed that when i flipped the grenade launcher(gl) sites, the little bolt that holds the gl in place had a groove cut through the middle of it and i could see that it was blocking the hole when the bolt was traversed. I moved it around some. Test fired. No good. Then i grew a brain and i noticed on the side of the gas block that the bolt has to line up exactly with the cut out pattern of the bolt holder. Brilliant! Works like a charm now. Funny how things work better when they are put together right.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    For the life of me, I can't imagine what AK47 jam would taste like. I don't think I'll jam mine, I'll keep them as is and just shoot them.

What kind of bread do you put AK47 jam on anyway? ...just in case I get the urge to jam one.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    For the life of me, I can't imagine what AK47 jam would taste like. I don't think I'll jam mine, I'll keep them as is and just shoot them.

What kind of bread do you put AK47 jam on anyway? ...just in case I get the urge to jam one.
    After explaining the difference between the words "stoppage" and "jam" my Firearms Instructor at the Academy told us;
    "There's no such thing as firearm jam. That's Cosmoline and it tastes like ****." :D

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Never seen an actual AK packed in grease. Must be some crappy century clone.

All the izhmash rifles I've ever had came out of the box ready to roll without any "grease" them.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    Crap getting lodged in the fire controls through the charging handle cut in the top cover can stop an AK dead in its tracks. Its on the youtubes if you wants teh proof

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Btw all...The gun is awesome. Century Arms or not, this particular AK is accurate as hell. Of course i must admit, ive spent two straight days shooting it till my eyes bled. And just so everyone knows, ive put just about every type of ammo down it. The Wolf 124gr mil spec ammo is the best. Don't ever buy brass ammo for an AK like "Golden Bear".

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oh centurys can be made into good guns, no doubt. For the average joe wanting to pull a gun off the shelf being told it's "new," is most likely going to be worlds of pissed off once he knows what he has.

A dremel, lots of cratex wheels, and the patience of a saint... Took me about a week of refining and trimming to get my PSL running. The bolt was getting bound up in about 5 different spots, including the dust cover, and poorly fitted rails. I knew what I was getting into when I bought it, and was quite happy regardless as that's the toughest receiver I've ever drilled into.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thread from the grave is not a good start for your first post.

Welcome to the group, I think.

Are you kidding? He necroposted to say that the thread was the exact cause and fix for his problem. That's the perfect time to necropost.

scorp742

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Ok. Thx i didn't know. i was having jamming issues so i researched and was sent to here. I didn't check the date. But the thread helped me with solution

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ok. Thx i didn't know. i was having jamming issues so i researched and was sent to here. I didn't check the date. But the thread helped me with solution

Don't listen to him. There's nothing wrong with bumping an old thread. Maybe someone else who's having the problem will see it and it'll help them, too.

scorp742

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Thx. I just surf forums for knowledge that way i become more proficient at creating and formulating solutions. I have a warsa 10 Romanian ak. I love it unconditionally and if anyone has knowledge on which scope/sights are highly recommended im open minded to learn more
    Thx:cool:

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    I am amazed by the collected misinformation here in this thread about Century AND Yugo rifles in general.

Of course the OP was having problems cycling the bolt. His model comes equipped with a standard M70 gasblock which has a gas shutoff because of the grenade sight. This is standard and is supposed to do this. Century didn't stop his rifle from firing, he did by his ignorance towards his rifle. Another poster basically followed him saying just about the same thing and even sent his rifle in lol.

The grease in Kalashnikov pattern rifles people find is nothing more then cosmoline which is just a traditional storage grease for Combloc countries and Russia going back over 100 years. It's part wax, part grease and it's awesome. It does it's job flawlessy. Now most of these rifle are built from kits and these kits are in many cases decades old. How would you go about properly storing metal components for years???? You pack them in cosmo.

Where does it say Century built this rifle? CAI farms most of it's actual "building" out. They didn't make a single Polish rifle that went through there and I am pretty sure they haven't "built" a Yugo either. They're an importer and nothing more. Oh yea, they "build" that Centurion... lol my bad.

Most of this hate comes from the WASR line which they also don't build as it is manufactured at the Cugir arsenal in Romania. In fact it isn't even the same Cugir it was in the 90s. It's really an older arsenal called Ratmill and all of these weapons are made by 60+ year old women. There is no retirement in Romania and these are the jobs you can sit down to do.

Century imports the cheaply made rifles because it's market is in the lower end. If they wanted to import single stack Bulgarian Circle 10s they would and then we would of course be paying for it too. No one wants to complain about the cost... just the quality vs the cost lol, get real.

I have 5 Century AK pattern rifles and first thing I ever did to any of them was a detailed rifle inspection and cleaning. I have 4 non Century AK pattern rifles and the first thing I did to them was a detailed inspection and cleaning.

Know your rifle. (this includes adjustable gas blocks which were standard equipment).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I hope that it is at least better than toe jam!

Top Bottom