• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is mine. A marlin 39 TDS. One of my customers made me a pigskin pouch with a strap. A small altoids survival kit and 100 rounds of ammo fits in a nice small package. My watch should give you some scale as to OAL.

bugoutbag010.jpg

bugoutbag009.jpg

bugoutbag005.jpg

bugoutbag004.jpg

bugoutbag002.jpg

bugoutbag003.jpg

bugoutbag011.jpg

I got a little crazy with the pics but I am kind of proud of the rig.

An INGO member came up with the winning name for the kit.

It's a CBCS kit. AKA Country Boy Can Survive!!:yesway:

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

It's a nice concept, but it seems like trying to do too much with one thing. Versatility is great up to a certain point and then it's just getting carried away. The fishing reel in a rifle is probably getting a little carried away.

Having owned a marlin papoose and currently a 10-22TD I still have to say the 10-22TD is my go to break down gun. The papoose was great except tow major flaws; no high cap mags and the rear sight could get a little off from being russled around. The 10-22TD can at least take reliable high cap mags if you want them. Some people won't want them, but it's an option. Mine has been pretty reliable, but in fairness I always replace a couple factory parts with VQ parts anyway.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It's a nice concept, but it seems like trying to do too much with one thing. Versatility is great up to a certain point and then it's just getting carried away. The fishing reel in a rifle is probably getting a little carried away.

Having owned a marlin papoose and currently a 10-22TD I still have to say the 10-22TD is my go to break down gun. The papoose was great except tow major flaws; no high cap mags and the rear sight could get a little off from being russled around. The 10-22TD can at least take reliable high cap mags if you want them. Some people won't want them, but it's an option. Mine has been pretty reliable, but in fairness I always replace a couple factory parts with VQ parts anyway.

The 10-22TD has gotten some really great reviews. And I like the idea of a full stock. Of course on the other hand as a survival / pack gun you want the least amount of weight. Trade offs for both weapons. I would like to see several detailed reviews of the pack rifle like you can find for the 10-22TD. I really liked the GunsAmerica review where the reviewer stated he repeated took the gun down and reassembled it during the test and "this Ruger is not your average takedown. It returns to point of aim with no adjustment using the in included scope bases. With open sights it would as well."

Ruger 10/22-TD Takedown Model – New Gun Review

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You're absolutely right on the weight. The 10-22 isn't the lightest of all the 22lr take down's out there. The part that put me over the edge was that I already had another 10-22 at the house with the high cap mags already. For me it was an easy decision so I could have two 22lr's with almost identical parts throughout using the same mags. The part I'm going to enjoy tinkering with the most is that the stock of the 10-22TD is hollow, and I'm going to see about using it to house more typical survival supplies. I'm too busy to get to that project anytime soon, but I'm looking forward to it. I've seen a lot of guys putting scopes or small optics on the 10-22td's, but for me I'm just trying to keep it as simple as possible.

benjaminlee06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Downtown Indy
    Maybe a bit pricey, but you must admit it is pretty sweet. And my marlin 795 shoots so well for the price it is ridiculous, so a part of me is partial to marlin in general.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Well, the AR7 breaks down, is quite light (even floats), costs a LOT less (got one for $115 recently) and gives you 8 to 15 shots semiauto. There's usually a stick around if I need a fishing pole.

Top Bottom