• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    OK, so... Yes, I'm quite capable of searching the yootoobz and finding plenty of videos walking me thru the process of assembling the components.

What I'm asking of my fellow INGO'ers is if there are any that rise above the rest in terms of their accuracy, completeness, organization, content, etc... at least in the opinion of the fine and distinguished folk here.

:popcorn:

Cuz... Um... well.. this noob just dove head-first into the deep end of the pool!

BPjCA

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Its not rocket science...seriously! You will need needle nose pliars, small hammer, roll pin punches (DO NOT SUB WITH STANDAR PUNCHES), armorers tools, lower receiver nylon block (to hold receiver in vise while attaching barrel)if you want to do it the "right way", PM me for an alternative way. You should get a no-go gauge for your caliber to check headspace or run it by a shop and have them check it for you. Go slow, watch the vids 2 or 3 times BEFORE you take on assembly of each parts group of the AR15.

There are a bazillion people here to ask a question to that are fluent in AR15's.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Most videos are good reference. A drawing of how the parts go together is much better as the details are a bit easier to see. That and you don't have to rewatch the same clip to catch how things go together. I watched the video then used a diagram to actually work from.

If you don't have the tools maybe someone down that way would help you put it together with you. I helped a buddy finish his lower because I already had the tools and he was not planning on another build as far as he knows.

If you do plan on building more then buying the tools would be a good idea. You don't need too many and they are not expensive.

Good set of roll pin punches
    Barrel wrench (has other tools built into it)
    Buffer tube castle nut wrench
    Upper vice block set(captures the upper to torque barrel)
    Needle nose pliers
    Small hammer
    blue tape for extra protection from dings

Top Bottom