• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know there's often threads on here about people wanting to buy stuff made in Indiana. Did a search but didn't find anything about MAG Tactitcal lowers.

Here's an article from October 2012 I found online.

Defense Review - MAG Tactical Systems Gen-4 Ultralite Ultra-Lightweight AR-15 Rifle/Carbine/SBR Lower Receiver (and Upper Receiver): 35% Lighter than MILSPEC 5.56mm AR Receivers!

Rural King in Terre Haute had some at decent prices for stripped lowers. Lowers were stamped Newburgh, Indiana.

Does anyone have experience with them? They had a black, OD, and desert tan I believe were the colors. Seems interesting that they claim theirs are 35% lighter because of a proprietary aluminum alloy. Just surprised I hadn't heard any discussion previously.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Been selling those like hot cakes at Blythes in Valpo. No one has ever complained about them, and they are super light.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Does anyone have experience with them? They had a black, OD, and desert tan I believe were the colors. Seems interesting that they claim theirs are 35% lighter because of a proprietary aluminum alloy. Just surprised I hadn't heard any discussion previously.

We got our first couple in last week; they sold quickly. We have more on the way. MAG says the lowers are made from an "aluminum-loaded magnesium alloy". The warning on the box says they are NOT hard-coat anodized, and one should not blast/sand/grind the lowers due to hazardous dust/fumes that would result.

The only thing I didn't care for was the that threaded area where the receiver extension screws in did not appear to be finished (i.e. it was left "in the white") on the two lowers we received. Also, they use non-standard-length hammer and trigger pins (provided with the lower).

Here's another INGOer's review: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/283101-mag_tactical_gen_4_lower_receiver.html

Last edited:

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I like my MAG tach lower it feels lighter than my Plum Crazy composite lower.

2qu6tyr.jpg

I can't wait until he puts out the matching MAG upper.

Top Bottom