• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Anyone know much about these guns? I know they are not top line, but I don't have top of the line money to spend. I have seen lots of reviews on the Silver Reserve, but apparently this is a newer model. The couple reviews I have seen speak pretty highly of this SR2.

Anyone held one or shot one?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I don't think they are a bad buy for the money. If you are going to buy a Silver Reserve, make sure you purchase a Silver Reserve II. The first ones had the most hideous "engraving" or whatever they called it, that I have EVER seen. There was an unevenly colored bird that was hilariously bad. Every single one of the guns that came through our store had some type of defect or mistake in the engraving. The Silver Reserve II has MUCH better looking metal.
    DSCN2328.jpg

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I don't think they are a bad buy for the money. If you are going to buy a Silver Reserve, make sure you purchase a Silver Reserve II. The first ones had the most hideous "engraving" or whatever they called it, that I have EVER seen. There was an unevenly colored bird that was hilariously bad. Every single one of the guns that came through our store had some type of defect or mistake in the engraving. The Silver Reserve II has MUCH better looking metal.
    DSCN2328.jpg

Thanks, Do you know of where a guy can see one in person? Maybe the "store" you refer to?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Here is what a "good" engraving on the Silver Reserve I looked like. Out of the dozen or so that I sold, I never saw one where the bird was all gold.

297531_02_mossburg_silver_reserve_o_u_12_640.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I bought a 20 gauge Stevens White Wing O/U for the wife and it ended up being made in Turkey. You can easily tell it is not a fine gun, but for $450 let her shoot and it goes bang every time. Do you know where the Mossberg Silver reserve is made?

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I bought a 20 gauge Stevens White Wing O/U for the wife and it ended up being made in Turkey. You can easily tell it is not a fine gun, but for $450 let her shoot and it goes bang every time. Do you know where the Mossberg Silver reserve is made?

They are also made in Turkey. Be aware that there are two diffent models, the Silver reserve which appears to have had several issues. This is a new model called the silver reserve 2, which from the reviews I have seen it appears they addressed the issues the silver reserve had.

Here is a review I found:
    Mossberg Silver Reserve II Over/Under Shotgun

Top Bottom